Sick

Sneeze.

Sneeze!

SNEEZE!

"Okay, dude, if you want me to help you, you gotta stop sneezing all up in my face." Chapa says, trying to put the thermometer in his mouth.

"I'm sorry." The snot filled, itchy throated, shivering but sweating boy says.

"Say 'ah'." Chapa puts the thermometer by his mouth.

"Ah." He opens and she slides it under his tongue.

Just then, Mika's head pops by the door. "Hey," she lifted a plastic. "I've got soup."

The beeping sound of the thermometer is heard and Chapa takes it out of the boy's mouth. "100.4 Fahrenheit. Atleast its better, right?"

Bose nodes. "Uh-hu-- AtCHOo!"

Chapa, in the speed of light, moves away from the direction of Bose's sneeze.

"I said, cover your mouth." She puts a tissue on his mouth.

"Sorry." Bose sniffs.

Chapa hands Mika a mask and gloves -which Chapa is wearing herself- and she walks in. "Miles and my mom made it." She places it on the table.

Chapa leans on a wall and folds her arms. "It's time for your medicine Bose."

"No!" Bose whines. "It's disgusting. I don't want to."

Chapa chuckles. "You're acting like you have a choice."

Bose sniffs.

"Can I give him?" Mika asks.

"Suit yourself." Chapa shrugs. "In that blue box, he takes two tablets. And that other one is one chewing tablet." She instructs.

"Mkay." Mika nodes.

Mika tried to put the medicine in Bose's mouth but he refused.

"Bose, open up."

"Mm--mm" he shakes his head.

Mika tries again and Bose's face dodges everything. She turns to Chapa for advice. Chapa rolls her eyes.

She gets the pills that need to be taken with water and faces Bose. "Bose, if you don't open your mouth right now, I'm leaving."

Bose looks at her.

Is she serious?

Chapa looks dead serious.

Shivers were sent down his spine. He opens his mouth and takes the medicine.

"Good boy."

"Give him this one." Chapa handed her the other one and walked out of the room.

Bose did not comply.

"Chapa! Bose is--"

"Bose, take the dang pill!" Chapa orders.

Bose felt goosebumps. "Snitch." He glares at Mika as he chews his medicine.

A day later

"I'm sorry I can't." Chapa says through the phone.

"Why not? You're the best fighter here. I need you in the man's nest, ASA now!" Ray orders.

"I'm stuck taking care of Bose. He has scarlet fever."

Ray furrows his eyebrows. "Since when?"