Pregnant Pt.2

Chapa puts her hands on her stomach. "I think I want to keep it." She says.

"Same. Have you told anyone?"

"Apart from you, no. I'm not really planning to." Chapa states.

"Your stomach is going to grow bigger and they'll find out eventually." Bose points out.

Chapa groans. "You're right. So should we tell our parents?"

"I think so. When my parents get back, I could get them to invite your family and we'd tell them over dinner."

"Fine. You do that." Chapa stands up and heads to the door.

Chapa gets dizzy and almost falls. Lucky for her, Bose quickly stood up and caught her. "What were you trying to do?"

"I'm hungry."

Bose helps her stand. "And what were you gonna eat?"

"...nuts."

Bose laughs. "You've never liked nuts. Why do you want them all of a sudden?"

"I have weird cravings!" Chapa says.

"Yeah well I was kinda planning on having my first child with you strong and healthy so I'm making you something better." He leads her carefully to the kitchen.

"Bully." Chapa pouts.

She re-thinks Bose's sentence and furrows her eyebrows. "Did you say 'first child with you'?"

"Let's not go into details." Bose says quickly.

***

Vice Mayor Willard does a spit take with his coloured soda. Celia chokes on her food. Alejandra is patting Celia's back. Alejandro is frozen still, eyes wide open. Sage, absolutely shoked. She didn't even know such words could be released from their mouths.

Chapa and Bose exchange worried looks.

"So...let me get this straight," Alejandra starts. "The night you told me Bose's parents let you come here..."

"Was the night your dad and I were out..." Celia continues.

"And you guys had sex," Willard sips on a different soda, carefree all of a sudden.

"Then Chapa fell pregnant?" Alejandro finishes.

The kids on the spot node their heads.

"I'm too young for this." Sage says in more of a sassy way.

"What were you thinking?" The mothers explode.

"Honestly, I got no problem with it." Willard states, slurping down his drink.

"We weren't at the time." Chapa defends the both of them. "And it-- it-- we got lost in the moment and--"

"And honestly, its your fault for leaving unsupervised--" Bose says more to himself but Chapa hears him and sends a jab to his chest before be finishes his sentence.

Bose and Chapa look down. "We're sorry."

The parents start whispering amongst themselves.

"There's only one thing to do now." Alejandro says.

"Yup." Celia agrees.