Takes Two to Tangle Pt.1

After twisting and turning, she took another left and jumped almost immediately over the huge dumster. Her persuer followed her and wasn't expecting the bin and practically crashed into it. A little giggle was heard over the wall fence were the girl continued to run as fast as she could.

He was only five seconds behind her. Which meant he was five seconds too slow. He had to catch up no matter what. That bag is his. He won't stop at anything to get it. And coincidentally, neither will she.

She came to a hault when she found herself face-to-face with a brick wall.

"Shit." She murmered.

She turned around and there he was, pointing a gun at her. She smirked. She knew he wasn't going to do anything anyway. He's tried, though, never brought himself to. She headed towards the right and trapped herself again. This time in a shed.

"Haven't you ever heard 'Give Cesar what belongs to Cesar'?"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine," she dropped the bag on the floor and kicked it to the corner, raising her hands in defense. "Take it."

He slowly walked over to the bag, still pointing the gun at her. He bend down to pick it up and in a whip of lightning, she struck him on the shoulder and grabbed the gun from him. Not wanting to be shot, he raised his hands from where he was on the floor, covering his face.

She stole the bag and in a jolt, she was off. And in the same jolt, she was on the ground. He stretched his arm just enough to make her fall.

The gun was tossed across the room and so was the bag.

They crawled towards the bag, both trying to hold each other back.

The man got it first and pinned the girl to the floor. Tightening his grip on her wrists when she tried to reach for the bag.

She thought of a plan. Before it could be executed, she spotted something silver hugging his ring finger tightly. She was suddenly a little hesitant. But that didn't stop her.

She stretched her neck and engaged into a deep kiss with him. He simply couldn't resist and kissed her back as well. Even closing his eyes. It's what they've both wanted for a long while now, after all.

She took her chance. Turned them over and pinned him. Gave her enough time to steal the bag back and break the kiss.

When she got up, just as she was about to run away scott free, police arrived.

"Hands where I can see 'em!"

She slowly lifted her hands.

"Drop the bag!"

She dropped the bag and put her hands up. The man went on his knees and kept his hands behind his head.

She kicked a pebble towards a metal, driving the cops attention to the opposite direction and when he looked back to the two criminals, they were both gone.

***

Later that evening, he decided to pay her a visit.

Well, it's really the last option you have when your child comes home telling you a red haired lady gave them candy, and your wife received a call from an "old friend" she didn't even know she had, who called herself 'Chapa'.

The door was cracked open; no coincidence. She wants him to come in.

He walked through the corridor, eyeing a couple of empty wine glasses on the floor and a gun, money and papers on a table.

He felt a cold shadow behind him and froze in his steps.

"Hi Bose." He could tell she had on that suspicious smirk on her face by the tone of her voice.

He turned around. "Hello Lula."

She was leaning on the wall with crossed arms. "I go by Chapa now."

"What do you want?"

"Excuse me? You're in my house."

"Quite shabby, don't you think?" He looked around. "What a downgrade."

"You left me. What was I supposed to do?" She answered almost in a whisper.

Bose looked away, failing to look her in the eye. "You know it was for the best, Lula. I can't keep doing this with you."

"It's Chapa! And doing what?!"

Bose sighed. "Whatever. Just tell me what you want."

"I want money. Money enough for me to leave this place and spend my last cents on a tropical island."

"You're the most wanted criminal in the entire Swellview. You could have people practically bow down to you. Why tell me?"

"You had the cops steal my bag of money!"

Bose sighed forcefully. "That wasn't my fault. You stole it from me. But what are you gonna do? Rob a bank?"

"No," she smiled. "We will."

"No." Bose spun on his heels and starts to walk towards the door.

"Bose!" She followed him.

"No!" He faced her. "We're bad influences on each other, and I can't always be on the run! Every time I get entangled with you...something bad happens!"

Chapa gritted her teeth. "You think I don't feel that fucking way?!"

"You would've left Swellview if you did."

"And you would've left my house; I think we're even." Chapa's eyes landed on that silver ring again. "Your wife's cute. Red hair, brown eyes, beautiful smile, tall and slender, remind you of anyone?"

"Stop."

"Stop what?"

"Just stop."

"You're trying to replace me," she took a step closer to him.

"Quiet."

Another step. "But it's not working."

"Stop talking."

And another step. "You've tried to forget me,"

"Lu– Chapa, please!"

And another. "But I bet you remember every single thing about me."

"Shut up!"

And another. "Bose, tell me you don't love me!"

"I can't! Okay? I can't! I-I'll get you the fucking money and whatever the heck you want to so you can pack up your shit and get out of my fucking hair–"

Chapa stood on her toes and pulled his shirt, causing her lips to collide with his.

Chapa closed her eyes and kissed him passionately. She lifted her hand and stroked his cheek. Then tucked his hair behind his ear and kept her hand there.

Bose placed his hands on her waist, drawing her back. With his eyes to the ground between them, he said, "I can't do this with you...not again."

"I know. But no matter how hot you look, I hate seeing you angry."

"I'm going." He let go of her and slowly took off her hands from his chest.

"3p.m. Larry's Gym. Saturday. Oh and get me some helpers, yeah?"

"See ya." Bose closed the door.