Pregnant Pt.1

"Usually, the bad guy would aim the gun at you. So in this case--" Ray sees Chapa's hand up. "Yes. Chapa." He says, clenching his jaw.

"Can I use the bathroom?"

"That's the fifth time this morning." Ray grits his teeth.

"I know, I know. Please?" Chapa begs.

"Fine. Go."

She presses her button and jolts to the Man's nest.

"Do you think she's alright?" Mika asks once she's out of sight.

"She must be sick." Bose shrugs.

"Come to think of it, she's been acting sick all week." Miles points out.

"Uh back to the lesson please." A pissed off Ray tries to get their attention.

"I'll go check on her." Mika says.

"No, you sit dow--! Oh great." Ray shouts.

***

In the bathroom, Chapa's face is deep in her phone. Her thumbs scrolling every second. Her worried eyes hitting every corner of the screen. Her mouth...chewing nuts she has in her pocket.

Why?

She's hungry.

"Chapa?" Mika calls out, knocking softly on the door. "You okay in there?"

Chapa gets startled and chokes. She starts coughing trying to get that stupid nut out of her throat. In doing so, her phone drops and a 'clang' sound is made.

"Chapa? What's going on?"

Chapa finally gets it out. As she's gasping for air she says, "I'm fine, I'm fine just uh...go continue learning."

The door is slightly open and Mika looks down at it. She sees Chapa's phone by the corner on the floor.

Mika squints her eyes to see what the screen portrays but just as words start to form, Chapa snatches her phone from the floor and closes the door shut.

***

Chapa comes down and sees everyone parting ways. "What's going on?" She asks.

"Class' dismissed." Miles says.

"Oh." She slightly smiles as she picks up her bag and starts to pack her things.

Everyone else leaves and when she's sure she's alone, she pulls out her phone and continues to look at what she was looking at before.

Chapa walks with her phone in her face and snacks on her nuts. She accidentally bumps into someone on the way out.

"Ouch!" They both shout.

The person she bumped into had brushed against her breasts and it caused a huge amount of pain which she had to hide.

"Oops. Surrey." After grasping onto her chest, Chapa opens her eyes and sees Bose and her eyes shoot open.

Bose is staring at her screen. Chapa can see the shock in his eyes. The shiver in his spine. She felt it too.

Chapa snatches her phone and quickly gets up. "It's not what it looks li--"

"Nausea. Food cravings. Increased urination?" He shows no emotion as he recalls what he saw on Chapa's screen.