Chapter 14: Slow Hands

Liam

It's been a bumpy road so far.

With barely a couple days into my mating, there's been rejection, fighting and a poorly planned date.

However, once we got to talking it wasn't that bad. There's just too much awkward conversation when you don't know anything about the other person.

And we didn't even get to the really uncomfortable stuff. I mean, we've barely scratched the surface, to be honest.

But it's fine. We're young and there's plenty of time. There's no rush. Not like his friend whose mate is already in heat.

Thank Goddess I can't get strike by heat, though I can get rut. But there's plenty of time before that happens. And hopefully many more dates to come - though not while I'm working. Not anymore. Speaking of which...

The important thing is that I delivered my client safe and sound at his home on Saturday. That means I can continue working on weekends for him, which is good as I do need the money.

Sure, I should care about going on a proper date with my mate. But we can go on a date any other day. I need to get paid. And while I don't have any other job in sight, this will have to do for the foreseeable future.

On Monday, I went to school normally. But since people don't know that I didn't reject the future Alpha, I still got stares all around.

It's uncomfortable to be under the microscope. I'm so used to blending in. But his friends were nice to me - even though they don't know I didn't reject him. Probably.

Since I have a few free periods, I spent a lot of time at the library. I even watched the wrestling team practice. They're good, but I kinda wish my mate was there too.😳

"Are you adjusting well to our school?" - Justin asked me on Tuesday morning.

"It's going well. I've spoken to the guidance counselor and I have a game plan. So far, so good." - I replied with a modest smile.

"Great. If you need any help, you can ask... Mia, she's a genius!" - He smirked, causing his friend to giggle not far from us.

"Thanks, Justin. I appreciate it." - I said, smiling at him contently.

Since George is suspended, I took my time with school work, catching up with what I've missed while I was at the hospital and now with different schools. There's a lot to catch up on, but I do okay since I don't have that many classes anyway.

The week went fine and with time, people mostly forgot about me. Charlie already booked me for the next weekend, but I'm not taking my mate this time - probably never again. It was fine then, but lesson learned. As they say: don't mix business with pleasure.

On Friday, I don't have any classes so I stayed in my room. It's weird how I used to have all these things to do back home, like tidying up the place, cooking or help mom with the groceries.

Now, I don't have anything like that to do.

There's laundry, but my mom got this. We don't have that many clothes to begin with.

I'm just chilling in my room after breakfast when I hear a knock at the door.

"Good morning, mate. Can I come in?" - George surprised me with a pleasant smile, standing in front of me.

"Hi, George. Sure, come on in. Apparently, you're the only person who's not forbidden to visit me." - I snickered, giving him space to enter my suite.

"You're not forbidden to be visited, just to receive people in your room. You can welcome any guest downstairs." - He replied in a playful tone.