Chapter 33: Praying

George

I know, right?

I can't believe Justin and Sebastian got mated to each other!

What a lucky break! The Moon Goddess must have a softer side to her for pairing the two baby daddies.

I'm telling you, there wasn't a bigger smile than of Sebastian's once his eyes shined for his mate. Or better yet, when his mate's eyes shone for him.

It was absolutely amazing to witness. And I'm so happy for both of them, genuinely. After what Justin went through because of our relationship, he needed to catch a break.

Now, they are fully bonded and happier than ever.

Speaking of happiness, Miriam is also joyful next to her mate, Jefferson Stockwell. They have been doing fine after completing the bond, so I guess it's official: miracles do happen.

Mia is the only one of us now left to be mated. But her birthday is next month, so fingers crossed.

I'm radiantly happy by my mate's side. And we have been doing great, all things considered.

For the last 3 months, I have been interning under my dad and training with Delta Underwood every week day. It's exhausting to do it along with the school work.

I understand I'm privileged for being born into this job. I don't dispute that. But it's not as easy as it sounds.

In fact, it's freaking hard. And my dad doesn't cut me any slack. Neither does Mr. Underwood, but I already expected it from him.

I know what I'm in for once I become the Alpha. I understand I have to be held to the highest possible standard.

I get that, I do. But it's so hard...

I barely have time to see my mate outside of school. Weekends are the only time we have to fully enjoy ourselves without interruption.

And I'm so here for this. For being with Liam.

Which is why I'm less prompt to approve of him driving my brother and Annie on Saturdays. I know it should be a done deal by now and it is. But I have the right to sulk.

It was fine when we had all the time in the world. But now time is a precious commodity. And I need my mate by my side.

Unfortunately, I don't get a vote. Plus, if I get in Charlie's way again after all the shit we endured because of what happened last year...

It's not gonna be good for our fraternal relationship. And I can't be at odds with my brother again. He doesn't deserve it.

I look over the pack documents my dad handed me earlier this week and spend the entire afternoon examining them and taking notes.

Yes, there'll be a quiz. I mean, he's expecting my analysis and recommendations. So I can't mess this up or I'll be interning with him forever. His words.

I completely lost track of time, immersed in this boring paperwork. Until my phone rang and alerted me. Charlie's name appeared on the screen.

What does he want now? It's bad enough he 'sequestered' my mate. Please, don't tell me the car broke down and I have to pick them up... *grunts*

"What?" - I answered the call, already rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"Is Liam with you by any chance?" - He asked, sounding troubled.

"No, he is at the mall with you. Isn't he?" - I replied, puzzled as to why he is calling me instead of him.

"He should be. But Annie and I are by his car at the parking lot and he isn't here." - He said, sounding worried.