Chapter 15: Jealous

George

I'm back, baby!

No more suspended teen werewolf. I had a lot of catching up to do at school. But Junior brought me his class notes so that I don't miss out on any big explanation for this past week.

I don't like being the bad boy. That's not my reality. Though I'm not as good as Charlie, I do tend to caution on the safer side.

So, no more fighting outside of the mat.

My friends catch me up on the latest reports and gossip, mating news as most of the students at school keep on staring at me.

They don't know I didn't get rejected. But they know about the fight, of course. Everybody talked about it in my absence.

Anyway...🙄

"What? Trisha is on heat and I didn't know about it! Damn, I'm a terrible best friend!" - I said to Junior as I heard the news.

"It's your mate who caught it, actually. It's a good thing though because my parents don't want any Luna Effect." - He snickered.

We're talking at the hall, just before the first bell rings.

"What's Luna Effect?" - Liam's voice interjected, as he approached us.

"My daddy got struck by heat when he was in high school. But back then, they didn't have the medicine ready and it affected the entire student body, leading several teens to hook up. One of those were Junior's parents. Because of this, well... his mom got an unmated pregnancy. It was a whole ordeal." - I explained, much to my friend's uncomfortable gaze.

"Wait, aren't your parents mated to each other?" - Liam asked with a questioning look at Jr.

"They are. But they weren't yet when my mom got pregnant with me. It caused a feud between hers and my dad's family. It was a scandal at the time. Right until they got mated, fortunately." - He replied, a bit embarrassed.

"Wow! What lucky parents! That never happens! It's never who we think it is." - Liam commented, perplexed.

"Tell me about it!" - I smirked.

There are a few awkward laughters at this.

"The important thing is that it all ended well and Junior is mated to a beautiful girl who's now medicated and can't cause anything to anyone." - I said, just before we went to the classroom.

"Can't Junior get strike by rut?" - Liam asked me in a low tone, though there's no low enough for the people near us NOT to listen.

"Yes, but let's pray it doesn't come to that." - I replied, much to my best friend's awkwardness.

"So, are you two together now?" - Justin asked us, looking expectantly at Liam.

"Well, what the Moon Goddess united in bond no one can torn asunder." - Liam said, quoting a line people say at werewolf mating ceremonies.

"What he said." - I agreed in an awkward tone.

"Good for you, Alpha." - Miriam said with a smile. My friends congratulate me on my mating, at last. And is so good to hear, I can't deny it.

Since Liam have the first few periods free, I catch him at the library before the second one starts.

"Is it okay if I kiss you at school?" - I asked sheepishly.

"I think I'd be okay with that." - He snickered. I couldn't resist a kiss, albeit a chaste one since we're at the library.

Then, I ran towards my second class.