Chapter 39: Black Magic

George

I'm worried sick.

None of us could concentrate on any school work after Seb was rushed to the hospital. News of his health scare quickly spread around school, leaving the students in turmoil.

Sebastian is very well liked by the other students of our grade, especially the girls. Even the teachers are worried about him and the pregnancy.

After what my mate went through back in March, I can certainly hope Justin doesn't have to face anything like it with his mate.

Liam is wrought with concern for his best friend. But now all we can do is wait for an update on his condition.

After the final bell rings, I drive my mate, brother and Junior back home. Junior is undergoing Beta training with my uncle.

He has been since January. And it seems to be going well for him. I know his dad is very proud of him. Mr. Westbrook is a team leader whose father was the former Delta of the pack.

I go to my internship as usual after dropping off everyone. My dad looks better than last week when my great grandfather had died. He's grieving, of course, but he carries on as he must.

After I returned home from warrior training with Delta Underwood - who also looked worried for his son's mate and grandchild - I sit down to eat dinner with my family.

I'm starving, as usual. And exhausted. Can't wait for school to be over, at least. Dad is setting the table as daddy is finishing up the cooking.

Charlie gets downstairs from our room and takes his seat next to mine.

"Any word on Sebastian's condition?" - Dad asked us. I'm still in the dark as I haven't been in touch with anyone since I left school. But I texted Justin, just haven't heard back.

"I haven't heard anything back from Justin as of yet. I'm hoping it wasn't anything too serious, though Seb left the school bleeding." - I replied with a concerned tone.

Both my dads and Charlie gasped at the information.

"I hope they are both well. You know what they say: no news is good news." - Dad commented with a hopeful tone.

We start eating the hot meal prepared by my daddy.

"Dad, I've been meaning to tell you something." - Charlie started in a serious tone.

Dads looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows as they ate.

"Please don't tell me Annie is pregnant." - Dad said, causing an ugly grimace to appear on my brother's face.

"For the love of Goddess, dad! It's bad enough you made me watch all those 'educational' videos on safe intercourse. Stop thinking my girlfriend is pregnant!" - Charlie freaked out in a raised voice.

I almost giggled at his annoyance and my parents irrational fear of an unmated pregnancy. But I wouldn't want to escalate things.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me, son?" - Dad asked in a slightly peeved tone.

"Just that I don't want to become a warrior after high school. I wanna go to college with Annie. Maybe when I return, I can work for the family company." - He said with an enthusiastic grin.

Dad cheered at the news.

"That's fantastic, son! I never intended on pushing you to become a warrior anyway. It's great that you want to go to college. I totally approve of this!" - He said, ecstatically.

"Good for you, my son. Warrior's life is hard, I'm glad you're going to college instead. This makes my heart full." - Daddy commented, joyfully.

"Thanks, dads. I'm glad you're on board with this. I'm really excited for my college plans." - Charlie spoke with a content smile.