Chapter 28: Daddy Issues [Part 2]

Liam

I'm sorry, what?

Excuse me, I think I went deaf just now.

I could've sworn the teacher just said someone's pregnant inside the class. I mean... what the flying fuck?

I'm barely 18! I don't wanna be pregnant!

I've only just discovered I COULD get pregnant. I haven't even wrapped my mind around it. I don't wanna be a dad now.

Not at all!

Anyway, the point is moot. There's no use debating this subject at this moment. Now, it's only a matter of determining who, in fact, is pregnant.

Fingers crossed it's not me.

Right...🙄

"There's no need for panic, people. It's completely fine if you're pregnant. The school has resources for this individual. It's not that big of a deal. I've already mind linked nurse Adams to come here and talk to this person." - Mrs. Stewart spoke in a reassuring tone.

"Patricia, step forward please." - She asked Junior's mate who seats at the front of the class, next to him.

A very nervous looking Trisha does as she's told. Junior is sweating buckets already in anticipation.

As soon as she's closer to the teacher, she takes a good inhale of her scent. Werewolves can detect if a person is pregnant by their scent.

But in order for a person to be able to do that, first the werewolf in question must've been around pregnant people before. That is after they already shifted (if you've been around your pregnant mom as a child, it doesn't count).

Second, the pregnant individual must be close enough in order for you to scent it. And the fact that we're in a crowded classroom full of students doesn't really help matters.

But the scent must be strong enough for Mrs. Stewart to sense it. Now, she just needs to be certain of who it is.

"It's not you, Trisha." - She told a very relieved looking girl.

"Oh thank Goddess!" - Junior blurted. Then, he blushes at the attention he got from his classmates.

"Miriam, please step forward." - The teacher asked her in a stern tone.

She looked very nervous. Though not nearly enough as Jefferson is. He's freaking out.

"You're going to take care of the baby, Jeff! I'm not giving up college!" - She yelled at him, who practically fainted.

She walked up to the front of the class and let the teacher take a whiff of her. This would be weird for most people. But we are werewolves.

"It's not you either, Miriam." - She announced it.

"Thank you Goddess!" - Miriam screamed, relieved. Jeff literally raised his hands in praise. However, to be perfectly honest, it's probably too early to tell if she's pregnant. They were the last of us to complete the bond.

On the other hand, they did hook up on the day of my heat. So...

"Liam..." - She looked over at my direction. I knew it. I fucking knew it!

Tears come to my eyes. I stand up from my seat and walk to my mate instead, who hugs me tightly.

"It's fine, Liam. We'll deal with it." - He reassured me. I frowned a little.

"What do you mean by deal with it?" - I questioned him, suspiciously.

He gasped at this, taken aback by my question.