Chapter 29: Papa Don't Preach

George

I'm floored.

We all are, of course. But the news of who is actually pregnant is somehow more shocking than if it was my mate.

I didn't want it to be Liam. But if it were, I'd be okay with it. I mean, I'd have to be.

But Sebastian having Justin's unmated child?

I really didn't see it coming. Not from a mile away. When I got home, I told daddy about it. He was already shocked with the news my mate is an omega.

And now the pack has another one. He wants to be there for him, but this is a private family matter. And though he is a Stonehold by blood, we can't interject ourselves in this.

I mean, not at first at least. Maybe down the line, once they sort out their situation. In any case, my dad has a better relationship with Sebastian's mom, so he'll extend our assistance to her, should she need any.

"My Goddess, the tension. Every single girl trembling at the call of their names. No one knew who it could be. And when they eliminated all the girls and Liam, even I was called." - I told my family at the dinner table.

Charlie already knew the story because the whole school is talking about it, not just the senior class. But he didn't know the specifics.

"Poor Sebastian. I've never seen him crying like that when his aunt called him out. She was so sure, she didn't even need to scent him to know." - I spoke in a grim tone.

"Just when you thought there wouldn't be any unmated pregnancy from the Luna Effect 2.0." - I continued, causing a whiplash on my dad's neck as he looked at me gobsmacked. Daddy too.

"They got together on the day of Liam's heat?" - Daddy questioned me, surprised.

"Yeah, they did." - I confirmed, brooding.

"Damn! And you thought me sneaking Annie into a room of the pack house was a problem!" - Charlie joked, smiling mischievously.

"It is a problem! And if you ever pull something like that again, I'll cut you from the will!" - Dad threatened, not amused by my brother's 'humor'.

My brother gulped from the scare. Yeah, my dad is not exactly known for being so forgiving. I mean, he is. But don't push it. He's not gonna bend, he's gonna break you like he did our table.😳

"I fear for Justin, to be honest. He was already afraid to come out to his parents. Now with an unmated pregnancy on top of it. I just hope they don't expel him from the house." - I commented, genuinely worried for my friend.

He will always have a special place in my heart. And though I don't harbor romantic feelings for him anymore, he is one of my oldest and closest friends.

"The Underwoods aren't gonna throw their own son out the street like trash! And Sebastian is the son of a Stonehold and the under Delta. In terms of pedigree, they couldn't have a better person to carry the next Underwood if they had chosen themselves." - Dad pondered in his tempered manner.

"That's true, dad. But I don't think they're going to be so forgiving. This is a scandal that makes Junior's mom's pregnancy sound like church gossip." - I remarked, genuinely frightened.

"I know, son. But it's not lost yet. Both of them are still unmated. They can pull off a miracle." - Dad spoke with hope.

I smiled weakly at the notion.

Next morning, I picked up my mate like usual. But as soon as I greeted him, I asked if he heard anything from Sebastian. He hadn't so far, but he texted him last night. Just haven't heard back from him.