Chapter 41: Best Part

Liam

I know, right? The drama!

We are still shocked by the mate pairing and then that whole scene at school? My goodness!

However, Charlie handled it like a pro! Damn, maybe he is actually the better Stonehold! Who knows?

You know what?

I do.

No disrespect to Charlie, but my mate is the better man. He has always been, as a matter of fact.

He just wasn't given that many opportunities to prove it, but whenever he is given the chance, he excels at it.

George is killing at the internship with his father, then trains with actual pack warriors everyday of the week. On top of school that is.

It's not easy to deal with it all. And though he gets a little leeway whenever he needs to study for a test, it's a very demanding schedule for any teenager.

Junior also has to train with the Beta. As do I, but it's a different set of expectations for us. Not to say that being responsible for the safety of the entire pack isn't demanding, it is incredibly taxing. And Junior isn't having it any easier.

But my point is: my mate is crushing at every front. And though he may not get the grades to be the valedictorian, he'll certainly graduate just like the rest of us.

Mia is the valedictorian, no surprise there. Miriam is the popular one, for sure. But Mia is the brainy.

Anyway, now the newly matched mates are going as strong as expected for a new couple when one of them is in love with his ex girlfriend.😳

But Mia is persistent and she is smiling again. Finally! And now all of us are mated and ready to graduate from high school. Me more than ever, since I'm a repeat costumer.

I'm so freaking ready! As my mom, who got promoted at the office. I'm so happy for her, truly.

I asked her if she wanted to rent a house for herself after I move out but she said 'hell no!'

'Why would I move away from the wonderful cooking?' - She replied to me in a 'duh' tone.

Well... When you're right, you're right. And it is amazing. Plus, at least in here she'll always have some company, which is very good.

My mate has taken me seeing some houses available inside the compound. There are some prospects, but it's kinda limited to the confinements of the condominium.

Though I shouldn't complain. It's not like I could afford to rent one on my own. I am glad to have the opportunity that I do. Don't get me wrong, I am really grateful for it all.

I never even dreamed of being mated to an Alpha, much less one as powerful as he'll be. Though if I were mated to Jeb, I'd probably kill myself in repulse. If there's any silver lining, is that the Goddess doesn't pair same sex people with straight mates.

It's not a punishment. On the contrary, it's a blessing! The same way she wouldn't pair a queer person like Seb to a girl. It's about being happy with your partner, not conforming with whatever it's put in front of you.

I understand it may not appear that way when two seemingly straight boys get mated to each other like Jack and Tyler. But sexuality is not set in stone and not always we know what we like as teenagers.

Sometimes we just never even consider another option. Or didn't think one was available to us. But it is and the Goddess always knows what's best for you.

And the best for me is George Burke Stonehold, without a shadow of a doubt. He is my one true pairing. And I thank Goddess every day for the fact that he is in my life.