Chapter 34: Heart attack | Sálvame

Liam

I bet you're dying to know my secret.

I will tell you, I promise. But right now I am dying for real. I mean, just about.

I wake up with a pounding headache.

It feels as if someone is hammering inside my head it hurts so much. Damn, they didn't need to exaggerate so much with the drugs.

I know I have a resistance, but I'm only an omega. Have mercy!

I'm in a shed of some sort. It's really rustic, so I'm guessing this was improvised to a degree. Even though they planned to catch me at the mall and I don't exactly post on social media every move I make.

Still, if enough people know that I drive Charlie to his dates... It's not that big of a reach. Especially considering I've been doing this since October and Annie is big on Instagram.

That girl takes a selfie with me and Charlie every time she gets on the car. Anyway, it's beside the point. She's not at fault here.

No, not at all. Someone else is. Someone evil enough to plan this for months at least. Someone who could pull off getting a stranger to get close enough to me without giving time for me to react.

Honestly, I don't think I'm worth the hassle.

But you know, to each their own.

"Good morning, sunshine." - A creepy familiar voice greets me as I wake up in the morning after.

Hey, at least I got a good night sleep out of it. It's been ages since I slept that well! I mean, apart from this terrible migraine I'm feeling right now.

"I'm sorry for the headache. I can't have you trying to mind link your mate now. It would spoil the surprise." - He smirks with an devious grin.

"The only surprise is that you actually got someone else to enroll in your suicide mission, Jeb! Does he not know to whom I'm mated to? Or does he have a death wish?" - I provoked, causing the guy by his side to panic look at him.

"Who's his mate?" - He asked Jeb in a frightened tone.

"It's not important!" - Jeb dismissed, grimacing.

"Not important? The last time someone killed a Stonehold's mate he was forced to watch as wolves killed his three children and mate. That is before he was killed." - I informed him, taking pleasure in causing turmoil.

"Wait! His mate is a Stonehold? Are you crazy, Alpha? You know what they'll do to us, right?" - The guy questioned him with a terribly scared tone.

"He's obviously lying, Kade! Don't pay him any attention!" - Jeb tried to throw him off.

Girl, please! If you thought I was gonna cower up and die quietly you kidnapped the wrong bitch!

"I'm lying? Really? Listen to my heartbeats, Kade! Do I sound like I'm lying to you?" - I challenged him, defiantly.

This really pissed Jeb off.

"Shut the fuck up, Trash-syte!" - He yelled and punched me in the face. I laughed at the injury, not letting him get me down.

"By now, your picture is already plastered in every law enforcement agency in the country! Your only chance to survive this is if I do, Kade." - I told him, who almost fainted in shock.

"What? How did they get my picture?" - He asked me, worriedly.

"I see why you picked him, Jeb. Nice work, by the way. Kade, you kidnapped me from the parking lot of a mall. Don't you think they have cameras? Have you ever watched a cop show?" - I teased him some more. Jeb punches me again, harder this time.