Chapter 42: Colours of You

George

I'm scared.

As soon as my uncle announced that the Crescent Moon pack is coming, I became uneasy. We've been dreading their "visit" for a while now.

But there's no more avoiding the issue. They are coming to us, just like we knew they would. I barely had any stomach for breakfast but as my dad got nervous, so did the rest of us present.

In any case, this isn't on me. All I can do now is to keep calm and carry on, let the adults handle this.

Liam and I eat a few pancakes, drink some juice and...

"Neither of you are to leave this house until I say otherwise." - Dad ordered. And his tone broke no argument. Liam bowed his head and replied: 'yes, Alpha.'

"What are you going to do, dad?" - I asked him, nervously.

"I'm going to meet them head on. We don't know how they're going to proceed, but the police and the warriors are already on alert." - He replied, tense as ever.

"Please be careful, my love." - Daddy told him affectionately. Then, he kissed his mate.

"Of course, Luna. Charlie, you are also not to leave here under any circumstances, until I return." - Dad told my brother, who was just finishing up breakfast.

"Yes, dad. Good luck!" - He replied in a somber tone. All of us look nervous, including Liam.

Dad left our house accompanied by uncle Tony. Since the compound is the most defensible place in town, he was going to intercept them at the city entrance.

He can't afford to let them inside our town and risk innocent lives. We may have expected them to come through the woods, like the Blood Moon pack once did, but that is easily predictable.

However, if they are all coming in human form, this could get uglier than anticipated. Much uglier.

My dad positioned himself with some of the warriors at a square near the city entrance. He waited for their motorcade to arrive into town.

Once they did, the police intercepted and made them stop. After the cars parked, a young man - who couldn't be more than 16 years old, at best - got out of the backseat of the first car.

This really threw everybody - including my father - for a loop.

Why would they send a teenager to a strike team? Even if he was under training, he wouldn't be the one to leave the car first.

And most of all, he would he guarded from a vantage position, not be the on the front line like he's Delta or Beta of their pack.

Uncle Tony, for instance, went to the strike on the Blood Moon pack back in the day only as an observer. He stood back with my grandfather - the former Alpha - under heavy protection, as Alpha Burke supervised all the action.

He never acted in any capacity other than to observe. So, this is very strange.

However, there can only be one reason for a teenager to get out first. I mean, he can only be...

"Alpha Stonehold, I know you're here. My name is Jedediah Collins and I came here to talk to you." - The boy shouted, looking over the sheriff deputies' shoulders who surrounded the parked cars. All of them were confused by his presence just as the warriors hidden away.

As he looked around the town entrance, my father left his spot and went to confront him. That's one brave boy, to be the first one to leave his security detail unprotected like that.

With that being said, no one in their right mind is gonna harm an unarmed teenager. Specially in human form. And don't get me started on the fact that he's the son of an Alpha.🙄