Chapter 25: Last Name

Liam

Damn! That was rough!

I haven't seen such a rift between the brothers since I got to know them a few months ago.

I spent the first week of the winter break going back and forth to my mate's house and George to mine. But every time I went over there, Charlie was sulking or glaring at his brother.

Not that he treated ME any different. He was always nice to me. But I feel what my mate feels now, so I know how badly it affected him.

He tried to make amends, but it's tough when you're not allowed to go see your significant other. It wasn't until I offered to pick Annie up on Christmas day that Charlie finally smiled.

Her family is well known to the Stoneholds and since she would be going to the Alpha residence, her parents didn't mind me picking her up.

Plus, by now everyone knows who I am. Even if they don't know me personally, they certainly have heard of me. And I used George's car to do it, evidently.

You should've seen the poor boy's face lights up at her sight. If she isn't his mate, I honestly don't know who it could be. Though they're too young for that kinda talk.

My Christmas' Eve was purely magical.

Aside from all the nice cooking done by Luna Tyler - my mom offered to help but he politely declined, saying that his mate would do it.

My mom almost literally showered me with presents. And she had already bought me a new laptop last month for school.

Of course, it was "mom" gifts. Clothes, mostly. But she looked radiantly happy. I gave her something too, but I pale in comparison. Still, she smiled at the gift and kissed me. It was a beautiful bracelet of (fake) blue sapphires.

It was always just the two of us at Christmas back at the Crescent Moon pack, so it has been a nice change of pace.

I also got a gift from my mate. But I think he took it a little too far. I suspect it.

"You bought me a car?!" - I gasped in shock at the used car parked in front of his house. It's just an old Toyota, nothing much. But to me it is.

"It's just so you can drive wherever you want without taking mine." - He snickered.

I'm so gobsmacked I'm unresponsive.

"I don't think I can take it. You shouldn't spend too much of your money on me." - I told my mate, who grimaced.

"I didn't. It's an investment. Now you can take me on better dates." - He smirked, breaking any resistance of mine with his infectious perfect white teeth smile.

I sobbed a little, overcome with emotions. But I accepted it. It would be worse if I didn't. The last thing I want is to offend my mate. But I forbade him to spend any more money on me.

Even my mom was emotional at the unexpected gift and she also kissed George, thanking him for being such a fantastic mate to me. *Swoons*

I've told you: magical.

The day after Christmas day, I took my new car to visit Sebastian. He cleared it with his parents first, of course. But like I said, everyone knows who I am now.

"Wow. What a beautiful house, Mrs. Adams! Congratulations!" - I marveled at the three bedrooms, two stores house. It was nicer than the Alpha residence and that's saying something.

His mom welcomed me inside. She had an 8 years old near her, I'm guessing Sebastian's younger brother. They showed me around the house and each room is more beautiful than the other. I'm legitimately impressed.