Chapter 38: Poor Unfortunate Souls

Liam

It's not looking good.

We're almost graduating from high school and Mia is yet to be mated. The situation is so bad her parents booked a psychologist to talk her through it.

She's not the first werewolf to graduate mateless. The only reason why I didn't is because I failed and had to repeat the year.

But this is not about my shortcomings. And if I open my mouth now to tell her anything, I'd risk getting slapped on the face.

She needs another person to relate to but right now is not looking good. Even 'tarantula' got mated. And if his mate catches you calling him that, she'll growl at you. Yes, really.

But who said anything about werewolves being normal?🙄

Speaking of normalcy, I'm yet to bottom again for my mate. Not that I don't want to, I'm just in my head about it. But he has been patient with me and is not pressuring me into it.

However, it doesn't mean we don't have fun. We do something naughty whenever his busy schedule permits, which is basically only on weekends.

Back in April, after my birthday party, we had so much fun in my room afterwards. Honestly, I had a blast the entire evening.

And though George couldn't get Mia mated, some people did get matched at the birthday party. You know what they say, mates only ever need to stay within half a mile distance from each other and BAM!

Poor Mia. I do feel for her. It's not that she's desperate and horny, necessarily. It's the companionship that hurts the most. The lack of bonding with someone.

Especially when practically everyone else in our grade is paired up.

Tyler has been keeping me busy as well with Luna training. It's not as hard work as Alpha internship - I imagine - but I do need to pay close attention to his duties.

He takes it very seriously. But he likes to keep the learning fun, as much as possible. He's been a Goddess sent throughout and it's great to spend time with another omega.

As far as school is concerned, I'm good to graduate. My grades are up. My mom is happy about it and she's killing at her job too.

There's already talk of a possible promotion for her soon. Nothing fancy, she is to take on more responsibility at the office. No one can be higher than a Stonehold there and she knows it. But it's fine, the important factor is that she's fulfilled.

At least, in the work department.

"Mom, there are almost 21 thousand people in this town. I'm sure there are a few hot widowers you can date. Just saying..." - I suggested to her in a good mood.

We're entering the guest dining hall to have breakfast on a Tuesday morning. It's May. And now that I'm fully healed and out of foreseeable danger, I'm trying to push my mom into taking more care of herself.

I don't want her to be lonely just because she doesn't have a mate by her side. She's barely 40 years old. And this whole situation with Mia has my mind thinking how lonely it can be for someone without a mate.

Though my mom's situation is nothing compared to Mia's. Which is precisely why I'm suggesting dating to her and not to the teenager, though she should probably date as well. I'm just not meddling with her.

"Thank you for your interest in my romantic life, son. Whenever I'm ready for dating again, I'll let you know." - Mom replied, raising an eyebrow with a slight annoyance.

"It's been 19 years, mom. You are allowed to be happy too." - I persisted in a humble tone.

"I am happy. Now, grab some bacon before the hungry bunch takes it all." - She said, referencing the warriors at the table. They are notorious for stealing all the bacon if you don't act as soon as the food is served. And no, the cooking staff is not gonna prepare you any more.