Subway Ride?

As the man started walking down the steps, he heard a familiar sound. It sounded like...Clessa's voice. The voice that he had listened to, and read emotions from.
The man started whistling. He started whistling, nervously. As though a way to distract himself, he tied and then retied his white converses. The man then nervously ran his fingers down his sideburns and face.
"Why can't time rewrite itself?"
All of the stairs had made the man feel hungry for adventure, which he would soon get.
The man noticed Clessa and Simon hopping onto the number 8 train, so he decided to follow them. It was not really a decision he had much of a choice on.
"Is this the right train?"
Clessa looked at the map on the wall. She turned her head, curiously.
"I'm sure it's the right one, number 8."
Clessa looked at Simon, and filled her eyes with trust.
"Okay. I fully trust you to take me home, but if I die, I'm blaming," Clessa looked at Simon and poked him in the chest, "you."
Simon chuckled. As they reached the train, Simon stepped aside at the door to let Clessa go in first. She playfully curtseyed towards him and jumped onto the bus.
"Why thank you my kind gentleman."
Simon bowed, and with a French accent said, "any time."
"Cool it with the accent."
Simon stomped his foot on the ground lightly in protest.
"I do what I want."
Simon took a seat on the bench, and crossed his leg over his thigh.
"Says the guy who has never got a detention."
Simon looked shocked, and offended. But in a playful way.
"Excuse me! I have happened to have gotten a 'talking to' from our third grade teacher."
Clessa rolled her eyes.
"It was because Stephen Baling stole your geek calculator and you sat there and cried."
Simon exhaled, as in a sign of frustration. Just before he could say anything, the train started.
They did not seem to notice the man standing right next to them. He did not want them to notice.
"Okay Clessa. Maybe I am a goody goody. But at least I know my boundaries. It's better than being a D+ average that basically spends all of their time sitting in detention rotting away there time shooting spitballs at the board trying to make a picture of a puppy."
"You must have really put thought into that story."
"I know what I want and what I don't."
Clessa chuckled. And as she was about to say something, the train screeched to a stop.
Clessa stood up, and walked around. She curiously walked over to the doors.
"Why did we stop?"
She pressed the open button on the door. Once, twice, three times. Nothing happened. Clessa patted on the windows, the pounded. She pushed against the glass, hoping it would fall out.
"Why won't the doors open," asked Clessa to herself. She always wondered why things do what they do, and this puzzled her.
She walked over to the other doors, and tried the same thing.
"What's going on?"
The random people on the subway started making remarks. They all got really scared.
"Everybody calm down," said the man.
Heads turned to the man standing up. He looked strong, and like a man you would want to trust.
"Who are you," asked a woman.
The man looked around the subway train. He watched all of the faces, frightened, looking up to a strange man, who never even met them before. What a simple question needed such a complicated answer.
The man scanned the crowd of strangers, an answered the question.
"Just passing through. But right now, I'm the best bet you have right now to figure out at what has happened to this train."
You must be wondering why Simon has not recognized the man. Well, he suffered memory loss like Clessa had. I can't tell you the reason why, that's a big part about the story later.
Everyone immediately trusted the man. Maybe it was the way that he came in and so firmly showed his place in the world.
"Who are you?"
The man looked around.
"You'll learn once we go to the best friend tea party and make the greatest relationship known to man," said the man, "now would you rather do that or figure out what is wrong with this," the man paused and looked out the doors, "train."
Clessa grinned and walked up next to the man. She stared at the back of his head.
The man slowly turned around. He faced Clessa with the most sincere eyes she had ever looked into.
"Yes?"
"Hi! I'm Clessa."
The man stopped in his tracks. His hands dropped to his sides.
"Right. Hello Clessa."
The man forced a smile. It looked more like a weak form of saying, 'I've known you forever.'
Clessa gazed over the shoulder of the man, and then tried to talk to the man.
"Do you need any help?"
"No."
Clessa stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket. She sucked in a deep breath.
"Look. You seem like an independent person and all, and I know that you don't even know me, but I'd really like to help."
The man stopped in his tracks.
"Please, I'd like to work alone."
Clessa sighed and walked back over to sit next to Simon. With a huff, and a puff, she reluctantly sat down.
"What's up with Ms. Perky Pants?"
"Not so perky anymore. He does not want help. Strange man shows up, expects no help, shoes me away."
Simon grinned and punched her arm.
"I'm going to sit here, and wait until he needs help."
Clessa crossed her arms, and leaned back. She waited. Ever so patiently.
The man was working inside of the subway's door function, pulled some wires.
"Got it! It was just a simple tweak of the wires, and now it should....," the man pushed a green wire to the left of s red one,"open."
And sure enough, they did. The man leaned his head out of the doors.
"We just stopped. Slight delay folks I'll have you moving in two minutes."
Clessa stared with very wide eyes.
"Genius," whispered Clessa in a low voice. Never had she ever seen such a smart person.
Soon, the man's voice appeared over the intercom.
"Alright, ladies and gentlemen boys and girls! This train will be up and running soon, so do whatever you need to do to get ready."
The voice faded away. Soon the man came out of the drivers room and entered the sitting area.
Clessa walked over to the man.
"Who are you?"
The man looked up with the same kind and kind and sincere eyes.
"Just someone who is passing through."
Clessa slowly walked away from the man. The subway seemed to be moving smoother now, even quicker.
The train made Clessa feel as though she was riding on a cloud. A cloud that would carry her to wherever he wanted to go.
"That man was kind of a bit creepy."
Clessa looked over at Simon.
"He's amazing. The most genius man I have ever met."
"Hey! I'm a genius!
"Yes but did you see what he was doing. Almost magical, it was magical. He was like a prince from a magical land. But more mysterious."
Simon frowned on the inside. The ma. Clessa was talking about was the man he wanted to be. A genius that made her feel magical. He knew that Clessa had eyes for the people who made her feel magical.
The train reached its stop.
"Well, here we are. Off you go. Have a great day," said the man, leaning against the door frame.
As Clessa reached the door, she stopped. She turned towards the man, and only could think of one thing to say.
"Who are you?"
The man looked into Clessa.
"Young Clessa. Although this meeting has been short, I am sure that we will meet again. Now, I want you to remember one thing. Can you do that for me?"
Clessa nodded, at a loss for words.
"The next time we meet, I want you to say one word to me. Just one. And it is probably the most important word ever."
The man leaned in, and whispered into Clessa's ear. She nodded, forcing herself to never let that word slip her mind.