Prologue 3: Retaliation

The three reapers ran in. Their scythe had a murderous glow, ready to behead their target.

Being a wesen, the three were superior to ordinary humans in terms of strength and speed. But too bad the boy in front of them wasn't ordinary.

The boy didn't realise it,  neither did the Grimm behind him. But the three saw it.

Those glowing red eyes.

The boy's Iris turned red, with three comma pattern, or as the Japanese would call it, the tomoe pattern.

In front of those eyes, everything would be slowed down and easy to read.

By the time the three reapers reached him, the boy had already foreseen the possible attack.

But that wasn't enough. He was still an ordinary teenager who had no combat experience. Faced with such killing intent and terrifying attacks, anyone would freeze. So did the boy. His mind couldnt process what to do dispute knowing how the attack would come.

But his body instinctly knew what to do. It was wired into every cell in his body. As Hulda's scythe aimed towards his neck, the boy evaded it by bend back.

As the scythe completely missed the target, the boy took the chance kick back Hulda and simultaneously trying evading the attack from the other two

Head, limbs, chest

The two reapers slashed forward three times each, and each targeting  the above areas

And by then, Hulda was back on his feet as well, now even more enraged.

The second reaper was ready to go for the head again, when the boy was having hard time dodging the slash from the third.

The attack reached the boy, and he had no time to time evade or block the attack that could cut objects at a molecular level.

The scythe blade passed through the neck of the boy effortlessly. It was impossible to come of this attack alive. Even for a Grimm.

The spell that cuts through anything like butter. It would surely kill him.

But as the scythe blade completely left the neck, the head didn't fall of. No, instead, the boy grabbed on to the long handle firmly

The three reapers all saw what happened and took a fraction of a second to comprehend what just happened. Their movements haulted.

But that moment was all needed for the boy. He pushed the scythe forward and used it to slice the head of Hulda who just reached him.

He didn't have time to think of what he just did. Before the head would leave the body, the boy grabbed only Hulda's scythe, which was no longer glowing.

Arming himself with the scythe, he used it to cut the leg of the reaper on head left and soon after, used the tip for the handle to strike the chest if the one on his left.

As the last reaper took a step back from the attack, he still readied himself to attack the boy.

He had no time to mourn over the dead, he had to avenge his fallen brothers. He slashed the glowing scythe vertically to cut the boy in half.

The blade of the scythe passed through him again effortlessly. But the boy didnt stop.

Turning around, the scythe in his arm slashed forward to attack the reaper.

Half way through, the handle projected those digital codes, and the blade glowing partially milky

The reaper had no time to react, for his body has already lost its head.