Enrollment Arc-3

"So, how was your school?", Shiori San asked. I was at her place, eating dinner. She made all my favorite dished which I fell in love with during the past few months. It was our little celebration.

"It was great. I made a few friends as well!", I said with excitement. She didn't know but I was extremely excited about this because these friends could be of great help for me in the future. If I was a 2D character, my eyes would be replaced by stars. That's how excited I was! I just have to slowly introduce with to the world of Wesen. Not that it is any easy.

"Look at you getting all excited. I should take a picture frame it", Shiori-san teased me.

We exchanged words and laughed. It was a fun night. But towards the end, Shiori-san's face turned serious.

"The Verrat seems to be getting really reckless these days. From what I know,  they're looking for me"

"So, are you gonna move away? To the resistance?"

"Like hell I am! I will rip the throats out of those dogs!", she sneered, to which I couldn't help but laugh. Shiori-san, despite her gentle attitude, had an extremely ruthless side to her. I had seen it, and it urged me to train my kamui better.

"But why is the royals after you though?"

Verrat was the organisation under the old Royal family. They're like the secret task force of the royals. Comprising mostly of hundjagers, they are expert in tracking and killing their targets.

As for the royals, they used to be all humans, aka kuraishira. But during the 2045, during the early days of World War III, the old seven royal families were wiped out. Nobody knows what happened because their was no conclusive evidence.

But this was only known among the wesen community. For the Kehrseite, the seven Royal families of the European Union still exists. That is because, a new group taken their place as the royal family.

The new Royal family came into power towards the end of World War III, when the entire world was in still lacking in proper order. What's even more interesting is that, they aren't kuraishira. They were hexenbiests and zauberbeists. Nobody knows if they killed the old royals because there wasn't any proof. But the rumors were still around.

And now, since they are taken the royal of old royal family, the resistance, Laufer, decided to rise up again.

Shiori-san was a member of Laufer,  high ranking one at that. But she decided to move back to Japan since the influence of the royals or any great organizations were greatly hindered in Japan. That was because of the 10 great families.

The Ten Great Families, which have terrifying influence over Japan, wouldn't let any of the wesen powers control Japan under their watch. Few OMG the high ranking members are kuraishira themselves. Even a few wesen work under them.

"I don't think they would be reckless enough to cause trouble in Japan. Unlike the early 21st century, the world today has way too many powerholders who knows about the wesen community. The Royals can't just overlook it", I commented.

"But even the 10  great families wouldn't interfere unless the matter puts them in jeopardy", Shiori-san said.

"...", for this, I had no reply. While my  knowledge about the 10 Great families are fully based on the origin series and few minor details I collected so far, I knew well enough that they only cared for themselves. Unless it's beneficial for them, they won't bother helping us.

"... That is, unless we seek the help of Kudou family", I said, after a few consideration.

"You know that's also not an option", Shiori-san sighed. " Even the 'Patriarch' can't recklessly interfere in this matter".