Merida held her weapon close as she walked up the stairs and down the hallway. She didn't know where Elizabeth was, so she opened every door she came across. After what seemed like forever, she finally found Elizabeth sleeping in her bed and Merida opened the door wider to let herself in. She closed the door behind her slowly, locking it, and then walked silently over to the bed. She watched Elizabeth sleep for a moment, getting angrier that this horrible woman could sleep so soundly knowing what she had done. Merida leaned her weapon against the side of the bed but walked to the end of it, lifting her skirts to lift her legs. She climbed onto the bed and shuffled towards Elizabeth. Feeling the bed shake, Elizabeth stirred, opening her eyes. Seeing Merida coming towards her, she opened her mouth to scream but Merida pounced onto her, covering her mouth with her hand. Elizabeth immediately grabbed onto Merida's hair and began to pull but Merida put all her weight into the hand that was covering Elizabeth's mouth, pressing it more into her nose to stifle her breathing. Elizabeth pulled harder but Merida clawed her nails into Elizabeth's face to keep from being pried off.

"Best let go, lass. Either I'll rip holes in yer face or ye'll pass out before I let up." She snarled.

Finding the warning a reminder, she took her hands from Merida's hair and went to grab her hands from her mouth but Merida caught her hands first, throwing them out beside Elizabeth as she used her body to keep her down. Elizabeth yelled, spitting in Merida's face. Merida made a face at the spit in her face and responded by lifting herself up from Elizabeth and then slamming back into her stomach, knocking the breath out of her.

"Ye got anything better than yer venom, Snake?" she growled.

"You bitch! Get off of me!" Elizabeth yelled, trying to buck Merida off of her. "Patrick! Patrick!"

"He's not here, dove. No one can hear ye screaming except me and all yer desperation makes me feel good inside."

Elizabeth laughed. "Such big talk. You sound like the barbaric bagpipes your dumb people play. Full of hot wind and a foul sound that makes everyone cringe."

"Aye, the sound of war isnae as pleasing to the ones whom it is marching towards, is it?" Elizabeth frowned. "Ye didnae ken I wouldnae find out what ye did to my employer, did ye? Are ye that stupid to believe that I wouldnae find out, whether I was told or not?" Merida scooted up a little to put her knees on Elizabeth's arms and keep her from moving as she bent to the side. She grabbed her weapon from the side of the bed and Elizabeth's eyes widened. "Oh sweetheart, ye ken I sound like bagpipes playing a tune but ye dinnae realize that that tune is one of war. Ye messed with the wrong Scot, lass."

Elizabeth screamed, realizing she was about to literally get axed when she mustered the strength to get out from under Merida, rolling onto the floor and throwing Merida onto the bed. Once she hit the floor, she ran to the door to get out but found that it was locked. She jiggled the handle in confusion, wondering why it wouldn't open.

"I took the liberty of making sure this war was fought to the finish." Merida said as Elizabeth turned to her as she sat on the bed.

Merida smiled, holding up a key, or what was left of it. The shaft was gone, leaving only the tip, and Elizabeth gulped. Merida grabbed the axe from behind her and held it up.

"Where were we?"

************************

Even though Elizabeth was trapped in her own room with not much space to get out, Merida was impressed at how agile she was for just having given birth. Merida's pregnancy seemed to draw out the scuffle longer than she wanted it to, but she kind of liked watching Elizabeth panic in her own room with no real means of escape.

Even though she was trapped, Elizabeth didn't just run away and play defense. She took as much liberty as she could to keep Merida away from her, overturning furniture and throwing trinkets at the Scot. At one point she threw her metal letter opener at Merida, which scraped her across the arm. Surprised, Merida dropped the axe and Elizabeth opened the French doors to her balcony. She ran to the banister and looked down, seeing how far it would be to jump into the trees when she felt herself being yanked back by her hair. She yelled and screamed, struggling against Merida's grip on her hair, but she was no match for the adrenaline coursing through Merida at the moment.