"Lady Graves... Lady Graves..." Fuchsia moaned and opened her eyes, looking at the maid standing above her. "There is a gentleman at the door asking to speak with you, ma'am."

Fuchsia blinked in confusion, looking at the window to see if it was light out. It was still dark.

"Who in the devil would be coming over at such an hour... Did you say they were asking for me?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Fuchsia sat up and found a robe to wrap around herself to keep decent.

"Should I wake up Dr. Graves as well?" the maid asked.

"No, we'll see what is needed first. If things get complicated then we'll wake Boston up. He's been working so hard..."

The maid nodded as Fuchsia got up awkwardly, not used to not being able to bend. She had to wonder who in the world would be at their doorstep at such a late hour. She figured it may be one of her relatives and bothering Boston about it seemed pointless.

******************

As Fuchsia came down the stairs and went into the drawing room, she stopped immediately in the doorway.

"Why are you calling for me and not my husband?" she growled.

Patrick turned around and held up a hand. "I'm very sorry to be so inappropriate about this but... I need your help."

Fuchsia was about to say something when she noticed he was holding a child in his arms.

"Is that a baby?"

"Yes... This is um... This is Alistyr... the uh... child..."

Fuchsia gasped, throwing her hand over her mouth. "Elizabeth did- That- What are you doing here with that thing?!"

"She's not a thing!" Patrick growled, confusing Fuchsia with his actions. "The child didn't ask for this life and definitely not by how it came... both by Mr. Higgs and why she is in my arms now instead of still in the womb. Please, I need your help."

"I will not-"

"Ms. Dunbrough sent me here."

Fuchsia blinked. "Merida knows about this baby?"

"We met as she was delivering a message from Mr. Higgs to Elizabeth. I believe she used the words 'color her good'. I don't know what that means but knowing Ms. Dunbrough, I don't think it will be a light slap on the wrist."

Fuchsia crossed her arms. "What are you doing here then, Lord Clarvins?"

"She needs to eat and Elizabeth refuses to feed her. She's gone quiet and it looks like it's hard for her to stay awake. I didn't want to leave her somewhere and... Merida said I should ask if you would feed her since you are with child."

Fuchsia was a little taken aback by the statement, especially since Merida was the one who suggested it.

"I... I wish that I could help you, my lord but... um... I'm not able to fulfill your request."

"I know this is a very unorthodox thing to ask of you, Lady Graves-"

"It's not that." She said, shaking her head. "It's just that... I haven't started producing milk yet... I have nothing to give..."

Patrick was a little confused but understood at the same time. Just then there was another knock on the door and someone opened it. There was a yell and the two looked over as Merida came through the door, blood everywhere. Fuchsia gasped in surprised as Patrick narrowed his eyes at her.

"Evening... or morning." She said.

"I thought you weren't going to kill her?!" Patrick yelled.

"Aye, that I did." Patrick just kept looking at her. "Aye, I told ye I wasnae going to kill her and to that I held true. She's not dead."