Higgs ran down the hallway, pulling on the doors that lined it, but every door seemed to be locked. He could hear laughter in behind him as a dark fog seemed to ooze closer and closer.

"Higgs... Where are you going? Why are you running away from me?" the disembodied voice said.

Higgs frantically tried to open the doors along the wall when finally one of the doorknobs turned. He opened the door and found Fuchsia standing there. Higgs took a step back in surprise.

"Fuchsia?"

"Hello, Higgs." She said with a kind smile.

"What's going on? Can you help me? I'm being chased and-"

"I'm sorry, Higgs. I wish I could help you, but I'm not the one you need."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry, Higgs. I'm safe and nothing can get in here as long as you close the door."

Higgs was very confused when he looked down and saw the creepy oozing black fog getting closer. He moved his foot and felt Fuchsia touch his face.

"The door was unlocked and you needed no key; that's a good thing. Those are the people you care about and the ones you love. As long as you keep the doors closed, this horrible cloud can't get to us and taint what you have preserved."

"I don't understand. What am I supposed to be doing? I feel like I've been running around in circles."

"You'll find out." She said, pushing him back slightly. "Find the door that you can walk through, where no one is waiting. That will lead you out of here."

"Which door is that?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Is Merida in one of these rooms?"

"I can't tell you that either." Fuchsia looked down at the small bit of fog creeping up to the door. "You can't let that cloud get into any of the open doors. If you do, we'll be tainted. Find the empty room."

There was a gust of wind and the door suddenly closed, just doing so before the cloud reached the inside. Higgs had no idea what his sister was talking about or what to do, but he guessed trying all the doors seemed to be a good enough plan. There was another laugh that came from the dark misty hallway behind him.

"You can't escape me, my love. Wouldn't it be easier to come to me?"

Higgs made a face, not knowing what was happening butt damn well knowing that going into that weird dark fog was detrimental. He had to keep moving forward, although he had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do other than jiggle doorknobs.

It felt like days and months as he tried every door going along the never-ending hallway. Some were open and had different people but they wouldn't let him hide and gave him vague or no advice. The voice kept taunting him and he eventually started to feel heavy, downtrodden. Was this going to be an endless loop? Was he dead and this was Hell?

"I wish Merida or Edgar were here... At least I'd get something out of all this."

"I can be Merida if you want." The voice said with a sickly sweet laugh. "Oh, Mr. Higgs! Will ye come to me? Dinnae ye say just now that ye wanted to be with me?"

"You're not fooling me." Higgs growled, turning towards the ever present being. "What do you want from me?"

"You, of course. You belong to me."