Higgs woke up from having a very bizarre dream and found himself high above the floor. He made a face and looked around, finding his backside was a spider and he had made a web for himself subconsciously in the night in the corner of the room. It felt like it had been so long since he had turned into something that it was almost confusing for him. The good thing about it though was that he now had seven other legs to get him around and let the other one heal. He could still feel pain in the one that had been broken, but knowing he wouldn't be bedridden for now was quite a relief. He was debating what to do when he heard the sound of someone coming in the door. He waited to see who it would be when the door opened and Fearghas walked in. Higgs waited, not wanting to freak him out, as he came into where he was staying. Seeing Higgs, Fearghas' eyes widened and he began to shake. Higgs went to move his arm and wave but Fearghas screamed really loud and ran out of the house.

Higgs sighed and climbed down from the wall. He had forgotten what it felt like to be feared by someone since most of Manchester knew about his family and the little town he was in had gotten accustomed to the transformations. He also forgot that he had gotten too complacent with Merida and Edgar, two anomalies that went completely against the grain in everything... Thinking about Merida made Higgs frown. He was still angry with her about what had happened. He knew he wasn't doing his best, but he was trying his best. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He heard his stomach growl and looked around to see if there was anything to eat. He wasn't surprised that there wasn't and so he headed towards the front door to see if he could scavenge something.

"Go inside and get it!" he heard someone yelling outside.

"Steady on, Gus! An ye pull me, ye'll make me trip!" he heard a woman say.

"Then hurry up and get that disgusting thing out of my house!"

"What are ye blithering about?" another man said, sounding bored.

"Get it out of my house. Right now!"

"Alright, alright, calm down a bit."

Higgs didn't really want to face Merida by himself so he went ahead and opened the door.

*************************

Fearghas was pacing the front of his house with Coinneach and Edgar watching him. Merida hadn't seen her brother look that scared since they were children. It must have been something truly terrifying for him to act this way but why in the world was he making her do it? She was pregnant and he wanted her to risk her life for whatever it was? There was only really one explanation if that were the case. Just as he was about to open the door, it swung open. As soon as Higgs' hand appeared, Fearghas's face went white and he hid behind Coinneach. A long, spindly leg came out of the door and Higgs pulled himself out of the door.

"Holy mother of God..." Coinneach said, looking at Higgs as he fully stood up on his eight legs.

Once he was set, he looked down and Merida and Edgar smiled a little.

"It's good to see you up and about, Mr. Higgs." He said with a small smile.

"It's good to see you too, Edgar."

"What in all that is holy are ye?" Coinneach asked, looking at him with wonder, fear, and fascination in his hazel eyes.

"It's called Arachne. It's a creature from Ancient Greek mythology..." Higgs said, looking down at his spider legs.

"It's a creature from the Devil!" Fearghas yelled from the safety of behind his younger brother.

"Put yer foot in yer mouth and make it come out yer ass, Gus. Call him something other than his name and ye'll be looking after yer own leg." Merida snarled, sending a piercing glare at him.