After the talk with Higgs, Doughall left to go back to the pub. He wished he knew a better way to help the lad, but he was too far gone to have outside help be enough for him. He needed to get himself in a position to be able to grab the hand of someone who is wanting to save him. Until he was able to do that, he would unfortunately have to work on it on his own. Forcing him to be better would make him worse; Doughall had learned that the hard way from the outside and on his own. As he entered the pub, he could hear people chanting and hitting the table in unison. Someone let out a satisfied sigh and slammed a mug down.

"That's three, old man! You ready to be beaten by four?"

"Ye ken ye're something special just because- because ye have had four more than me? That's weak stuff! Ansley, bring over the whiskey. Let's show this lad how a real drinking game is to be played."

"I think not!" Merida yelled, smacking her brother in the shoulder. "Nothing is getting higher than beer. I dinnae want to spend all night cleaning up yer vomit. Both of ye. An yer going to be a sore loser, Fearghas, then go sit in the corner like a bairn."

"He's just mad that an English child is taking him out." Edgar said, sitting back with a smug look on his face.

Fearghas pushed his glasses up and turned to the bar. "Ansley, give us the strongest ale ye got."

The young barmaid nodded and filled two cups full of the strongest brew they had. Doughall walked over to the bar as she was putting the mugs on the table and she gasped when she turned around.

"Mr. Dunbrough, ye gave me a fright." She said with a smile.

"I'll take them their drinks an ye pour me a brandy, eh?"

"Of course, sir. Thank ye, sir."

Doughall nodded and grabbed the handles of the two mugs, taking it over to the table. He maneuvered his way through the small crowd and set the mugs down. Seeing his brother, Coinneach leaned over on him.

"Hey, Doug, wanna have a-a-a drinking game wif me?"

"Ye're already plastered, Ken."

"These two willnae let anyone else join them though!" he whined. "They keep adding rounds and Merida's pregnant so I cannae even drink with her..."

Doughall shot a glare at his sister. "When did ye two have drinking contests?"

"All the time without yer knowledge. We dinnae tell ye everrathing." Merida said with a fold of her arms. "How was yer meeting with Mr. Higgs?"

It got rowdy again so Doughall motioned for Merida to follow him to the bar. She obliged and he retrieved his brandy while Merida shimmied onto a stool.

"Lad's deeper than I thought he was. What did ye do to him?"

"It was a combination of things. The original, I willnae talk about but the ending was me. I'm sure I'm the one that pushed him even further into his depression."

"And how do ye do that?"

Merida leaned on the bar as Ansley handed her a small beer to drink. Merida took a sip of it and made a face.

"Ugh, I cannae wait to have a normal beer again. This small beer is disgusting."

"I also have a few wines, an ye like." Ansley said with a smile.

"I'll stick with this for the moment, love." Merida watched her brother sip on his drink. "Didnae expect ye for brandy on a night like this."

"I needed something stronger and smoother to think. Tell me what happened to him."