Merida waited two days to see if Higgs was going to get any better but it seemed like he got worse. His leg stayed the same, but the fever heightened and Merida feared that if they didn't go now, time would be lost.

***************************

"Thank you, Edgar. Ye've done a fine job." She said as she looked in the carriage.

Edgar beamed as he looked at Jamison. "Lord Northumberly helped too."

"Of course."

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do? Maybe we should call a specialist..."

"Specialist will take the same amount of time as it will take us to get to the Highlands. Besides, like I told Boston, I ken it's time to try traditional medicine. This could be something Elizabeth left behind as weel. I ken it's just infection, but ye never know."

Jamison nodded and crossed his arms. "I just... I hate sending him away like this."

"Aye, I hate traveling like this but as I said, it's now or never." She pat the door of the carriage. "But, with the platform ye and Edgar built, it will be easier to take care of him without exposing him to the elements."

"How will you fare? You look like you're quite miserable, my dear."

Merida touched her belly. "I'll fare the best I can. Not much I can do about my own predicament. I guess Edgar will have to drive slow and steady."

"I'm driving?" he asked, pointing to himself.

"Aye, I cannae get up there well enough to do it and ye're old enough to start learning. It isnae hard."

"I've just... never done it." He said, rubbing his arm.

"Ye'll do fine."

"When will you be leaving then?" Jami asked.

"I'm hoping tomorrow or the day after. Honestly just depends on how I feel I the morning. I ken most of what we are bringing has been packed."

"Marlow and Ailers are getting everything for us and I've already packed my stuff." Edgar said.

"I kenned ye had..." Merida said with a smile.

"Merida!" They looked up as Marlow came running out of the house. "Merida, come quick!"

They all looked at each other as they met Marlow halfway.

"What is it?"

Marlow pointed to the house. "Two things: one, Mr. Higgs is asking for ye and he's looking none too well and two, as I was looking out of the window I saw someone coming here on a horse from the forest. From the direction of that woman's house."

Merida made a face. "I'll deal with Higgs. Ye two stall whoever that person is. I swear to God Almighty that if that bitch steps one foot onto this property I'm going to shoot her with my bow and arrow."

"We'll see what's up." Jamison said, touching Merida's shoulder.

She nodded as Edgar and Jamison waited for the person to arrive.

**************************************

"My, my, look who we have here."

"You aren't allowed on this property." Jamison said, crossing his arms. "Stay on your horse."

"After everything that's happened?" Elizabeth said with a smirk.

"You're lucky you're alive, miss." Edgar said, holding the hammer tightly in his hand.

Elizabeth frowned at him. "You."

"What about me?"

"You and Gretchen."