❀The potion❀

𝚁𝚊𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

Ever since the explosion of Ghosty's house, I hadn't left the Auspicious Boone base. However, today I was finally going to leave. I had some things to check up on, to make sure that nothing had escalated.

Before I left, I made sure that everyone else was asleep. I didn't want them to know that I was yet again neglecting the buddy system. However, it was safer for me to go out alone as I was the only one with an elytra. The others knew that but no of them wanted to admit it, especially Jamie, Athena and Ghosty.

Thankfully, everyone was asleep, so I quietly made my way out of the base and started to fly around. However, I landed when I saw Centross creeping around near Jamie's house.

I started to spy on him and see what he was up to. I was trying to go unnoticed, however, I ended up standing on a twig, catching the attention of Centross.

"Well, well, well, just the person I was looking for," he said as soon as we made eye contact.

"What do you want, David?" I asked, wondering why he was looking for me.

"Just following an experiment that Enderian wanted to carry out" he smiled with a cynical tone.

"Your Enderian's experiment?" I was confused. If Centross was Enderian's experiment then why would he be looking for me? I didn't know.

"Oh no I'm not the experiment. You are" he laughed before throwing a splash position of some sorts at me.

Before long, I had passed out, falling onto the floor. I was completely unconscious.

𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that my boyfriend wasn't in bed next to me.

I stood up and headed down the spiral staircase to Rae's study, hoping that he was there. However, I was met with an empty room. I then decided to look around the base, but I still couldn't find him.

I was beginning to get really worried. It wasn't really like Rae to just randomly disappear. Then an idea of where he could have gone came to mind.

I quietly made my way out of the base and began carefully making my way around, looking around for Rae.

I was about to give up until I saw Centross quickly fly away from something. The closer I got to where he was, I noticed that it wasn't something that he flew away from. It was someone.

Rae.

He was lying on the ground, body completely limp.

When I was sure that Centross was no longer in the proximity, I ran up to Rae and immediately checked his pulse.

A wave of relief washed over me when I found his pulse. I was glad that Centross hadn't killed him. I couldn't think of what I would do if that was the case.

I carefully scooped Rae up in my arms, so as to not hurt him if he had any unnoticeable injuries, that way I wouldn't hurt him more. That would be the last thing I want to do.

I soon started making my way back to the base, checking on Rae every once in a while.

Once back, I immediately made my way through the study and was about to led to the spiral staircase, which lead to our bedroom. However, I saw Jamie and Athena talking to each other. From what I could hear of their conversation, they were both wondering where Rae was.

As I took a few more steps towards the staircase, they both stopped talking and took note of my presence. They then looked down at Rae before looking back up at me with worried expressions on their faces.

"What happened to Rae?" Jamie asked, voice laced with the same amount of worry that was displayed on their face.

"Is Doc okay?" Athena then asked before I had a chance to respond.

"I'm not entirely sure. I woke up and Rae was nowhere to be seen. I then looked around the base for him but still couldn't find him. So I went up to the surface and looked around there. Before I found Rae, I saw Centross fly away from something. When he was gone, I went to investigate what he flew away from and found Rae lying on the floor unconscious." I replied, taking a couple of breathers between each sentence.

"Is he still alive?" Jamie then asked.

"Yes thankfully," I sighed, "I'm going to take Rae to bed, I'll let you two know when he wakes up, okay?"

The two nodded and I left to take Rae to bed. While waiting for Rae to wake up, I sat on the end of our bed and just played with my hands.

It was a few minutes before he gained consciousness again. When he did, however, I could tell he was confused.

𝚁𝚊𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

When I woke up, I was in my bedroom, lying in bed. I didn't know how I got here, but when looking around the room, I noticed Ghosty sat on the end of the bed picking at his nails. I guessed that he found me and brought me here.

"Ghosty?" I said, my voice slightly raspy. When he heard my voice, he ended up falling off the bed and onto the floor, causing me to laugh slightly.

When Ghosty stood up, he immediately made his way over to me and pulled me into a gentle hug.

"Thank god you're okay. I was slowly beginning to think that you would never wake up again" he sighed. I couldn't help but smile at how caring he was being, especially since I knew he wasn't one for physical affection.

"Yes I'm okay but I kinda have a small headache, but I'm sure that will go away shortly," I smiled, breaking the hug, "how did you find me by the way?"

"I was wondering where you were since you weren't here when I woke up. When I couldn't find you anywhere in the base, I decided to look for you on the surface. I found you unconscious in front of Jamie's. I also saw Centross flying away from there. Could you tell me what exactly happened with your encounter with Centross? Also your eye has stopped bleeding."

"I remember going to the surface to see if the whole endstone situation had gotten worse, then I saw Centross. I quickly hid and started to spy on him, trying to figure out what he was up to. After a couple minutes, I accidentally stepped on a twig, catching his attention. He said he was looking for me and said something about an experiment Enderian wanted to do. After that, he threw some type of potion at me and that's all I remember after that."

"I'm glad he didn't hurt you in any physical way. Do you know anything about the experiment? Did he mention anything about it?"

"He said that I was the experiment, but I don't know why Enderian would want to experiment on me. Enless it's a part of her wanting me to become her vessel that is, but other than that, he said nothing."

"Weird. Oh and by the way I said to Athena and Jamie that I would tell them when you woke up. They kinda saw me carry your unconscious body through the study."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too, my handsome scientist."

At those words, Ghosty left the bedroom and left me in a flustered mess. I could hear him giggling slightly as he walked down the stairs. God, I love him.

A minute or two later, Athena and Jamie came running into the small bedroom. They both had a bunch of blue orchids in their hands. This made me think of my mother, Orchid. I hope my mother is okay. I also hope that I will eventually find her and see her again. However, before that can actually happen, I need to figure out what's going on with all this endstone.

Before I could finish thinking, I was pulled into a massive bear hug by Jamie and Athena. I was glad that they saw me as their uncle. God knows what my mental state would be without them. And without Ghosty, my beloved boyfriend.