❀Mother and Son Reunion❀

𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

I went back to Rae and I's joint bedroom and found him sitting in the corner, furthest from the door, wrapped up in our purple bed sheets.

"I got the health potion" I smiled, passing the potion over to my blanket burrito boyfriend. He took it with a small thank you and drank it all in a couple of sips. He then passed me the empty bottle and started to make grabby hands towards me. I let out a small laugh, before placing the bottle down on the floor, in an empty corner of the room, and then climbed onto the bed next to Rae. Almost instantly, he looked at me for consent to hug me, I gave him. After that he immediately pulled me into a hug and started to play with my hair slightly.

"Is your headache better now that you've had a health potion?" I asked, tilting my head just enough to see Rae's face.

"Yeah" he replied, making me sigh in relief.

"So what happened while you were out with Athena?"

"Nothing had really changed from the last time I looked around. However, something strange did happen."

"Oh and what was that?"

"We came across a blonde woman. They had a flower crown made from blue orchids. They were also wearing a white dress which had blue orchid patterns on. When we found them, they were unconscious and when they woke up they didn't know where they were. For some reason, they felt familiar to me, but I don't know why. They said they were looking for their son. Athena asked them what the name of their son was, however, before the woman said the name of her son, I suddenly got a really bad headache and flew back here."

"Any ideas as to what caused the headache?"

"Not really, however, it could be linked to whatever the potion was that David threw at me."

"Maybe. Also, the woman you described, Athena brought them here. I saw them when I went to get you a health potion. They said that they recognised me."

"Weird. Did you find out what their name was?"

"No, I was extremely caught off guard by the fact that they supposedly recognised me. Did they not say their name to you and Athena when you first met them?"

"Not while I was there. However, I don't even know if they noticed me there."

After that, we both fell into a comfortable silence. It stayed like that for what felt like hours. However, in reality, it was only a couple minutes. Although, I could tell Rae was extremely focused on playing with my hair.

Unfortunately, the silence was abruptly broken, by the Athena walking into the room, with the strange woman not too far behind. God, we needed to invest in a door at some point.

I could tell Rae hadn't noticed as he continued to play with my hair.

"Are we interrupting something?" Athena asked, taking note of the scene occuring in front of them. This ultimately caused Rae to stop his hand movements and look up at the duo in front of us.

𝚁𝚊𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

When I heard Athena, I stopped playing with Ghosty's hair and looked up at them. I then noticed a blonde woman standing behind them. It was the same blonde woman Athena and I had found passed out by the tree.

When I made eye contact with the woman, a large, destructive wave of familiarity washed over me.

Why did this mysterious woman feel so familiar to me?

𝙾𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚍'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

When my son looked up and made eye contact with me, I couldn't help but smile.

I couldn't believe it.

After years of not being able to see my son, here I was. In front of him, making eye contact. Meanwhile, Ghosty, I think that's what his name is, I'm pretty sure that's what Rae called him earlier, was looking at me confused. I mean, understandable, after all, a complete stranger that he just met said that they recognised him. Probably shouldn't have said that.

"What's going on Athena?" Rae asked the pinkette child.

"Well, I thought that since the last two times you have been within proximity of Orchid, that you should officially be introduced to each other. Especially, as the last two times you disappeared before that happened" the kid laughed. However, I was confused, I only remembered seeing Rae once. Maybe I failed to notice him, when I first met Athena and if that was the case then I am a terrible mother.

"Athena, the first time I disappeared was because of a banging headache and the second time was because of a certain protective boyfriend" Rae replied, looking down lovingly at who I now knew was his boyfriend. So I was correct with my theory about the two dating when I was watching over them, while I was in the end.

"In my defence, I've heard that one of the best things to do when you have a headache is to go to bed and rest" Ghosty argued, looking back up at Rae.

"I've also heard that too," I replied.

"Me three" Athena chimed in.

"Am I the only one who has never heard about it before?" Rae questioned.

"Looks like it" Athena, Ghosty and I said in sync.

"Anyways, back to the introductions," Athena smiled,"Doc, Ghosty, this is Orchid. Orchid, this is Rae and Ghosty, aka Ghae."

"Never in my life did I think that I would be introduced as Ghae" Ghosty laughed with Rae also laughing slightly. However, Rae soon stopped laughing. It looked like he had realised something.

"Wait a sec, your name is actually Orchid?" He questioned.

"Yes, it is, son," I smiled.

"Son? Wait, wait, wait, Mom?" He asked.

"Mhm" I hummed with a smile.

"Oh my god, please tell me this isn't some kind of joke" Rae said, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. That's when I noticed something off.

He had a purple mark surrounding his left eye. Over the eye, I saw a white bandage, well what was a white bandage, that was stained magenta.

"What happened to your eye?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"I think me and Athena should leave you two to catch up and discuss some things" Ghosty chimed in before standing up and walking out of the room with Athena close behind him.