❀A woman❀

𝙰𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟:

Doc and I were walking around as we both felt as though we needed some fresh air.

We were walking past the tree when I saw a figure of what looked to be a person, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"What's wrong, Athena?" Rae asked when he noticed I had stopped walking. However, I didn't respond, instead I walked out to the figure, which happened to be lying on the floor for some reason.

I could tell Raw had noticed the figure when I saw him run pass to me to get to the figure quicker.

The closer I got, the more details I could see of the figure. They had long blonde hair with a flower crown made from blue orchids sitting upon their head. From what I could tell they were wearing a white dress with blue orchids at the bottom of the skirt.

I couldn't estimate how old this person was but I could tell that whoever it was, was definitely older than me and Rae.

After a couple of seconds, the person started to wake up, scaring Rae, who was checking the person's pulse.

"Where am I?" The person asked, obviously not noticing Rae and only me. From their voice I could tell that they were female or at least was born as female.

"You're in the overworld in a slightly chaotic town" I replied. Rae didn't say anything. He just backed away from the woman with an expression I couldn't identify. It was almost like something about this woman seemed familiar to him.

"I am?" The woman asked, probably thinking I was making up a lie about where they were.

"Yep" I smiled. Rae was now standing behind me, but still didn't say anything.

"This might sound crazy, but have you by any chance know anything about my son, I need to find him" The woman said, standing up and brushing off any dust on her dress.

"What's your son's name?" I asked. While waiting for a response, I looked over my shoulder expecting to see Rae still there, but instead, I saw him flying away. This confused me. Was Rae okay?

"My son's name is Rae, Rae Morningstar. Do you know him?" The woman stated. I was so confused. If she was looking for her son then surely she would recognise him and especially since she said her son's name was called Rae Morningstar. The same Rae I called my uncle. The same Rae who flew away. Maybe she just didn't notice him standing near us?

"Ye. He's my uncle, well not biological but I see him as my uncle" I replied with a smile on my face.

"Do you think you could take me to him? I really need to talk to him."

"Yeah sure follow me... umm I don't think you told me your name."

"Orchid. You can call me Orchid. That's what most people know me as."

"Okay, Orchid, follow me."

I couldn't believe it. This woman was Rae's mother. Rae could finally be with his mother once more. He doesn't have to spend so many nights trying to figure out more about his mother without sleep.

It took a few minutes, but we had finally made it back to the Auspicious Boone base.

When we entered, everyone was at the table, staring at us. At first I was confused but then remembered about the fact that I had Orchid with me.

I scanned the faces of everyone staring at Orchid and I, noticing that a certain person wasn't there. Rae. I also noticed that Ghosty also wasn't there. My best guess was that he was with Rae, after all, they are dating.

"Athena? Who is that?" Jamie whispered into my ear. It scared me slightly as I didn't notice them walk up to me.

"Everyone, this is Orchid," I introduced to the group in front of me. "Orchid, let me introduce you to Will, Jamie, and Momboo."

"It's nice to meet you all" Orchid smiled, followed by a sea of 'you too's'.

I was about to say something else when I saw Ghosty walk into the room. I noticed he looked slightly worried.

"Guys, who is that?" He asked when he noticed Orchid stood behind me. Before I could respond, Orchid spoke up.

"I recognise you," she said. As a result of this, everyone looked at her? them? in confusion. Speaking of confusion, I should probably ask what their pronouns are.

"What do you mean? I've never even seen you before in my life?" Ghosty responded, clearly extremely confused.

Before any other word was exchanged, an extremely tired looking Rae walked into the room.

"Ghosty? What's taking you so long? You said you would only be gone for a couple seconds" he yawned.

"Sorry, love, I'll just be a sec," Ghosty replied, "now go lie back down it will help your headache, trust me."

"Okay, but please hurry," Rae pouted. I couldn't help but giggle slightly at the way Doc was acting. I had never seen him act this way before. He then disappeared to what I'm guessing is his bedroom. I wasn't too sure.

"Is he okay?" Orchid asked.

"When he was out with Athena he came back without them. He said he had a really bad headache but he didn't know why" Will explained, to which everyone nodded in agreement.

"I should probably get back to him so he doesn't get out of bed again" Ghosty said, reaching into a barrel of healing potions and taking one out. He then disappeared to where Rae had disappeared to.

When I turned my attention back to Orchid and the group, I saw something I didn't think I would ever see.

I saw Orchid and Lucenare hugging each other. It was so wholesome to watch. I knew that Luce knew about Orchid, after all they do call Rae the son of Orchid, but I didn't realise how close they actually were.