7

"There is this man in my neighbourhood"

"Who babes?"

Jeremiah asked me with a cold voice.

"The house opposite"

I said pointing to Ren's house from the window, I felt a little intimidated by his change of voice.

"Who, Ren Nathen?"

"YES, how do you know him?"

I shouted in excitement

"What is so exciting about him?"

His voice went even colder and deep this time.

"How do you know him?"

I asked with a little voice.

"Continue what you were saying"

"Hmmm.... I have a crush on him"

The look on Jeremiah's face was unpredictable. He seemed angry and panicked at the same time.

*sigh*

"Jackie don't ever try to attempt on him"

"How do you know him?"

I asked lowering my head, his face was making me weak to talk I wanted to share more but he seemed not happy about this so I thought not to say anything just for now.

"None of your business, Jacklyn"

He was raising his voice I don't know what is going on with him. I looked at him with knotted eyebrows and asked

"Tell me how you know him, without telling me how can I know?"

"Jacklyn these things shouldn't be discussed with you"

"What do you mean 'with you'?

''Just know one thing don't talk with or about Ren, his just not your type"

"No one is my type for you. Even Hendrix was not my type back then and now Ren."

"Hendrix! Why the fuck is he important now ha?"

"Because he was my first love and you spoiled it "

"Whoo woo that is what you think, you have to be fucking thankful for getting you out of that shit"

"Very thanks for ruining my first love "

We both were ranging with anger by now.

"First love my foot"

He shouted right in my face.

"Yeah everything about me is just a joke to both of you"

"Both of you?"

"Yes you and Kavin"

"Your brother works his butt off just to raise you and this is what you think of him?"

"Yes I was never given freedom in this house"

He took a deep breath and said

"Think before talking, I think alcohol is doing this to you"

He said and stood up

"Alcohol?"

He took the bottle from my hand and I felt angry and tried to snatch it back.

He gave me a strict look warning me

"Jacklyn!"

I went quiet after his warning tone and for the word 'Jacklyn' because he never called me by my name, he was never this intimidating towards me a bubbly and sweet friend of mine had just changed into a monster. I don't know why.

"Get in bed"

Jeremiah said and I obeyed without hesitation and slept there he covered me with a blanket

And now I regret what I said before

"I am sorry"

"I know, just go to sleep we will talk tomorrow"

He said with a slight smile and switched the lights off and left the room after placing a slight kiss on my forehead.