Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Go away mother." Mal said still holding the wand.

"She's funny." Their mom said laughing, "You're very funny. Here. Wand me, chop chop."

"No!" Ben shouted as Mal held out the wand but when their mother reached for it she tossed it to Fairy Godmother.

"Bibbidi Bobbidi –"

"Boo." Maleficent finished lifting her scepter and freezing everyone in place.

"Sike." She snickered and laughed again. Then she approached Beast and took off his glasses, "Oh in another time, in another time." then she placed the glasses back on his head lopsided, "Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean. . ." she sang under her breath as she moved to the frozen Fairy Godmother and took her wand.

"Oh, oh, no someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin, I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this." She said and Ben's ring flew off Mal's finger and onto the wand. "Perfect fit!"

Mal looked devastated as their mother moved to Ben and messed with his crown, "Oh, falling in love is weak. And ridiculous. It's not what you want."

"You don't know what I want! Mom have you ever once asked me or Drac what we want? I'm not you!"

"Well obviously. I've had years and years and years and years of practice being evil. You'll get there."

"No I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself." She said and mom glared at her and moved to Drac. He tensed up as his mother draped her arm around his shoulders, the wand in her hand and her scepter in the other.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Your sister has turned out to be a traitorous failure." She turned his face to look her in the eye, "But you don't have to be."

He could tell the others were getting tense too now, seeing the angle Maleficent was trying to play. Drac could see it too but he could also see the scepter glowing and knew as long as his mother held that and the wand she could eliminate him in a moment if she wanted to.

"This is your chance my wicked little boy. You, who have always lived in the shadow of your sister, this is your chance to rise above and be greater than her. To secure your place as my one true heir and inherit everything that we will soon take over, Auradon, the Isle, it will all be ours."

Drac looked from her to his friends and sister, he knew there was terror in his eyes, it took a special kind of courage to stand up to Maleficent, even more when she was your mom. And he could feel deep down that he didn't have it, but he also didn't have that love for power that she was trying to use to coerce him and after a silent moment of his hesitation his mother could see that too. So she made the choice for him before he could turn her down.

"Get yourself back to the Isle." She said her voice dropping to a tone he knew not to mess with but he still didn't move, "Leave the fate of Auradon to me, I'll deal with your sister and fetch you when the time is right."

But he still didn't move and Maleficent removed her arm from around his shoulders and stood in front of him blocking his view of the others,

"Do as mommy says." She said between clenched teeth and he saw the scepter glow and knew his mother was losing her patience and that was frightening enough when she didn't have her magic. He stepped to the right and saw his friends as he moved down the aisle. They each looked sad and betrayed but he kept walking until he was running out of the room and back toward the Isle with the button in his pocket to open the barrier and get him back home.

Back at the cathedral Maleficent turned to Mal, "Seems love is not as powerful as you think." She mocked.

"Love is not weak or ridiculous." Mal defied her after seeing the fear she'd caused Drac and she'd had enough of a lifetime of it, "It's actually really amazing."

"I know one thing young lady. You have no room for love in your life!" her mother shouted.

With that Mal had it, "And now I command wand to my hand!" the wand glowed with her spell until it flew into her outstretched palm, "Oh, it worked!"

"I hardly think so. Frankly this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand! Give me the wand!"

"Hold on Mal." Carlos said, "Maybe good really is more powerful then evil."

"Oh please, you're killing me arf!" then Dude ran forward and leapt into Maleficent's arms, "Oh breath, breath, get off me."

In her distraction Jay tried to take the scepter from her but it wouldn't leave Maleficent's hand and she leaned in and stroked his arm.

"Gaston should be jealous." She cackled before shouting, "Enough! You all will regret this!" and she was incased in smoke as she rose to her dragon form.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

Drac got to the bridge and pressed the button, as the golden light formed a path he heard people rushing toward him and he turned to see a few Auradon guards who hadn't been at the coronation so they hadn't been frozen by his mother's magic.

"Stop him!" one shouted and he felt his eyes glow green but now he was on edge, he had no control over anything and his nerves were shot. His raw magic made his hands burn and he looked down to see green fire in his palms. The guards saw it too and paused unsure of what he was going to do. Then there was a caw and Diaval dive bombed the guard nearest Drac and started pecking at his face. Startled, Drac dropped the button and turned and ran hoping the bridge would close behind him and the guards wouldn't follow.

He ran into the shadows of the Isle before stopping to catch his breath. He tried to think of where he could go and be safe so he headed back to Bargain Castle. On his way there he passed the Slop Shop and saw a TV that was broadcasting the coronation from Auradon and he saw a huge black dragon turn into a small lizard before Mal. He felt a sense of guilt overcome him as he thought about how he'd ran out on them, how he'd left them to his mother's wrath. Would they ever forgive him? Auradon probably wouldn't, he thought as he looked around at all the other villains they'd condemned to the Isle instead of showing forgiveness.

Then he realized something else, for the first time in his life he was alone, completely alone. His mother was a lizard, his sister and all his friends were in Auradon and he was alone on the Isle which meant he was vulnerable. What if someone wanted to take over now given the opportunity? Uma, his mind told him, she could send her pirates for him and he had no way to defend himself.

He left the Slop Shop and backed against the wall of the alley. He slid down it and rested his crossed arms on his knees feeling hopeless. Then he heard a flapping of wings and Diaval appeared before him landing on one knee. He stroked the bird's head happy he had one friend left, not that the bird could do too much to protect him. He had a few other people on the Isle who he was close to but none of them would risk their skins standing up to Uma when she came for him, and he knew she would. This was an opportunity she would not pass up.

"What am I going to do Diaval?" he asked the raven. He might be able to convince a goblin to sail him to the Isle of the Doomed but he'd probably end up starving to death there. Then Diaval flew off him and landed on a pipe that ran along the alley and started pecking at a poster. Drac's eyebrows shot up, the bird was brilliant. There was still one place he could go. He got up from the ground and held out his arm as Diaval landed on it and he followed the raven's suggestion. He checked to make sure the coast was clear then he changed direction, instead of going to Bargain Castle he headed for the place advertised on the poster 'Souvlanki – it's under this world'. He smirked as he headed for the mines that ran under the Isle, seeking refuge with his father.

(End Descendants Movie 1 – next up Book 2: Return to the Isle of the Lost)

5 followers until next update