Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Get them!" Uma shouted, but before any of the pirates could make a move Evie handed Carlos the backpack and he quickly pulled out a slingshot as he started launching smoke bombs. The first – a shade of bright blue – blinded Uma, Gil, Harry, CJ and the crew that were standing by them. The next – gold – exploded in the crows nest. A third – red – hit pirates hanging from the rigging. By the time the colorful smoke dissipated and the crew began charging, the VK's had already armed themselves with swords and were ready to fight.

"Go!" Uma ordered of anyone who hadn't yet joined the battle before she pulled out her own sword and headed for Mal. Drac ran forward with his sister and helped her take down the pirates that tried to swarm her. He held the scepter firmly in his grip at the handle and the blade and pushed one man back while Mal fought the other one. He turned the pirate so his back was to the rail then his opponent overpowered him and turned him so his back was to the rail. Drac brought his foot up and kicked him back further onto the pier as he moved forward and spun the sword. The pirate swallowed nervously but didn't back down from the fight as they started swinging their swords the metal clashing with loud 'clang' 'clang' sounds.

When Drac had pushed him over the rail and into the water he turned and saw Mal fighting with Uma before another pirate charged at him and they began to duel. Drac wasn't as good with a sword as the pirates were but he was able to gain the upper hand with some parkour over the rails and some somersaults under their feet making moves they'd never seen and weren't expecting.

"Do you really think it's wise to cross your sword with a pirate?" his next opponent asked with a mocking tone in their voice and he turned to see CJ smirking at him.

"Uma's crew threatened my sister." He replied simply hoping she'd understand.

"Only a little." The pirate girl smirked before she drew her sword and started to duel him. He could feel her anger behind every strike, every blow that he ducked, dodged or met with his black blade. He had to pay close attention to every inch their blades moved, the position of their feet, when he moved forward and when he moved back. After a few minutes of fighting him CJ's mockery returned.

"You know what you're doing I'll give you that." She began, "Excellent form. . . for an amateur."

Drac's eyes glowed unintentionally at the insult but CJ only rose her eyebrows like his glowing eyes were attractive to her. He paused and smirked then he felt a sharp pain in his arm.

"Ah!" he cried out and CJ looked shocked as Drac turned to face another pirate.

"Bad form!" CJ shouted looking outraged as someone else stole her fight. Drac clutched the cut in his upper arm as he turned to the new adversary, knowing CJ would never attack someone from behind. She thought it cowardly.

"Maybe if yeh give up now Uma will let ye join her crew, when yer sister loses just like yer ma did."

Drac growled as he charged, ignoring his injury and dueling the crew member and clashing their swords again.

In his anger he was able to back the pirate into a corner of rail. Then he used his leather gloved hand and grabbed his opponent's blade and spun pulling it from their grasp. He spun his wrist and now had two swords aimed at the pirate.

"Yeh cheated." The pirate spat, "That's not good form!"

"Son of the mistress of all evil." Drac scoffed gesturing to himself but before he could make another move someone swung past him and kicked the pirate over the rail and into the sea.

"Call it even!" CJ shouted into the crashing waves. Drac turned to her with a smile but it died quickly when he realized CJ wasn't saving him, she was just reclaiming her fight. He wanted to apologize for leaving her, he wanted to explain everything, but he didn't have the time.