Chapter 26

Just one chapter this weekend. I have more ready if you want them. Just let me know. 😉

Chapter 26

Mal was back to her old self in no time. She understood that with the both of them gone for the past several months Uma would have made moves to claim their side of the Isle. Drac threw his jacket over the back of a chair before sitting in it much like Hades sat in his lair. Playing with the hem of his scaly green tee shirt, he filled her in on how Uma had been trying to take over last time he'd been there but she only had half of the Isle on her side, the rest of the villains and their kids and minions were on his since he had a smidge of magic and quickly gained powerful allies. Dr. Facilier was one of them and probably the biggest name. The Sanderson Sisters worked for him secretly – a fact he did not yet divulge to Mal – as did CJ. He told her about how he had recruited the goblins not just from the Slop Shop but from the Isle of the Doomed. With her arms crossed and a smirk on her face Mal nodded along looking impressed. Her own mind fell back into it's old strategic ways and with the prospect of a turf war on the horizon Mal was able to let loose and put the Auradon stress behind her. Needless to say he didn't say a word about their father. That subject would either make her stressed all over again – or so mad that Maleficent's wrath would look like a walk in the park.

Mal assured him that together they'd take back the Isle from Uma and rule just like they had meant to, like they were born to.

"Because we're rotten." Drac said and his sister smiled at him.

"To the core."

She ran a hand through her hair and scrunched her nose. "And I don't look wicked looking like this."

He stood from his seat, "So let's go."

They reached the Curl Up and Dye and Drac noticed the sign that said they didn't open until midnight and pointed it out to Mal. She said Evie had history with Dizzy so she'd let them in early.

When they walked through the door Drac could hear music playing and part of him missed Auradon and the music he'd begun to fall in love with there. He shook that feeling off when he saw little Dizzy Tremaine sweeping the floor and spinning around in small graceful circles. He knew he didn't need Auradon, with Mal back they'd take over again and make the Isle ten times better then Auradon anyway.

"Mal! Drac!" Dizzy cheered when she saw them pulling her headphones off her head, "Is Evie back too?"

Mal scoffed, "As if." Dizzy's face dropped but Mal continued talking to get her mind off her friend, "I um forgot that you guys don't open til midnight. Place looks good."

Drac moved to look at several of the broken mirrors that were splashed with hair dye and nail polish while the girls talked. This is how he'd been way back before Ben had invited them to Auradon. He'd go with Mal around the Isle but kept to himself a lot and only made a handful of friends, most of them siblings as well trying to find their place on the Isle. That was how Drac had gotten the reputation of being Mal's shadow before he'd returned alone.

"So what is your deal?" Mal asked, "Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?"

"Just a witch here and there. Mostly it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping." Dizzy shrugged looking at her broom.

"Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment hey?"

"Yeah. She's gone from wicked stepmother to wicked grandmother." Drac followed Dizzy's gaze to the ceiling where Lady Tremaine must be until her shop opened at midnight.

"That's not much of a switch." Mal muttered as Drac sat on one of the chairs and started spinning around slowly.

"You hear anything from your cousin Anthony?" Drac asked her, Anthony Tremaine had never gotten along with their group and the last time Drac had seen him was when he'd chased him, Maddy and the rest of their crew off the bridge they'd been trying to throw Mal and the others off of. Drac was secretly trying to see if Dizzy had heard anything her cousin might have let slip about Uma's side of the Isle. Anthony used to have a thing for Mal but when she turned him down he turned his sights to Harriet Hook who had returned the interest, though Drac had heard from CJ that Harriet was just after any treasure the Tremaine's might still have. But if Drac wanted to get an upper hand on Uma Anthony Tremaine could be useful for information.