Chapter 13

Chap 13

A few days after he'd discovered the Dark Net Carlos ran across campus as fast as he could almost like he was running from a pack of dogs – if he was still afraid of them that is. His teammates on the field watched him run and cheered him on thinking he was practicing for the big game on Saturday. He sprinted to the girl's dorm and ran for Evie and Mal's room.

"I found something!" he exclaimed when he made it inside and caught his breath, "It's not good."

He ran in and set his laptop down on the table where Evie did her sewing, "I was digging around and I found this forum about something called the Anti-Heroes movement."

"Anti-Heroes?" Mal asked.

Evie gasped as she looked at the screen, "It's us!"

Taking up most of the window was a colorful picture of Evie, Mal, Carlos and Jay, it was from the newspaper article after Maleficent was defeated only now there were red X's on all of their faces along with writing that said: Join the Anti-Heroes Club Today!

"My best guess is that club was founded on the Isle to eradicate Auradon's heroes." Carlos explained his theory, "They're using the Dark Net to draw members. To the villains on the Isle we're basically traitors so they're using our pictures to fire up any other hostile villains. And after what happened at the coronation it looks like it's working. When they're ready they'll come for Auradon. But. . . uh. . it's just a guess."

"What's all that?" Mal asked pointing to the hashtags under the photo. #AntiHeroesUnite #IRL #CAW #Yadrutas #2359 #BeThere

"That took me some time but I think I cracked the code. IRL is In Real Life so the meeting isn't online. CAW I worked out stands for the meeting's location: Castle Across the Way."

"What's Yadrutas?" Evie asked leaning closer to the screen to make sure she was reading it correctly.

"That one is pretty brilliant actually." Carlos said, "It's Saturday spelled backwards. And 2-3-5-9 is 23:59 knight time or 11:59 in royal time. So just before midnight this Saturday there will be an Anti-Heroes meeting at the Castle Across the Way."

"At least it's not at Bargain Castle." Mal said and they all knew what she was thinking. Bargain Castle would be solid evidence that Drac was behind this group that seemed to hate them. And Mal, along with the rest of them, didn't want to fight with Drac.

"But Mal." Evie began softly, "It's still connected to the moon calendar. All our notes mentioned the moon. The end of the old moon is Friday night and the new moon rises Saturday at 11:59."

Carlos looked away from the screen and over his shoulder at the girls, "I don't get it, what's the connection between the moon and Drac?"

Mal sighed, "My mom followed the moon calendar. Fairy thing." She shrugged.

"You think he might be behind it instead of our parents?" Carlos questioned hating the theory but couldn't deny the possibility, "I don't see it. Drac wouldn't hate us –"

"Unless he's upset that we left him on the Isle and haven't tried to get him back." Mal interrupted. It was possible, they supposed, they could have talked to Ben about it but it was more than just his call. His parents, his counsel and the people of Auradon wouldn't be too happy about opening up the barrier just for Drac to come back. Especially after Maleficent's attack, it reignited a fear in the people of Auradon.

"You really think he'd try to lure us back to the Isle just to humiliate us?" Evie questioned.

Mal sighed again, "I really don't know anymore. And it might not be him. The meeting is at the Castle Across the Way, it could be the Evil Queen, Jafar and Cruella. . . maybe even my mother." She muttered at the end.