Chapter 47

Before we begin the final chapter leave your predictions. Will Drac choose Auradon or the Isle? CJ or Aziz? Or do you have any theories you think I might spring on you at the last minute?? Drop a comment, I want to see who gets it right!

Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day! ☘️

Chap 47

"Here they are." Evie said as she turned and they all saw Mal and Ben walk into the party. People greeted them with applause and cheers of 'happy engagement!' before they ascended the steps to the balcony to address the crowd.

Fairy Godmother handed them each a crystal teacup full of punch as servers below passed out more cups on trays to the guests.

"Lady Mal and I would like to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today." Ben began. "I couldn't be prouder, or happier, to call you my queen. So, raise your glasses. To our future, Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!"

"Speech your specialness." Carlos shouted with a strange overly formal accent.

"Speech o fancy one!" Jay followed up.

Drac saw his sister laugh before her face turned serious. She looked to be deep in thought for a moment before her eyes looked to the crowd.

"I can't." she said and gasps sounded all around. Drac waved off Evie's concerned look, knowing Mal as well as he did he had a feeling he knew what was going to happen. He folded his hands behind his back as she found his gaze in the crowd and he gave her a smile and an encouraging nod. It was hard, what she was about to do, but the right thing was never the easy choice.

She nodded back at him, then went back to address the crowd, "We made a decision. . . to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea, but it's wrong. I've learned, that you can't live in fear. Because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is going to come from. You never know where the heroes are going to come from either. Without Uma and her pirates Auradon would be gone. . . And without Hades. . . our father. . . Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad. No matter which side of the barrier we come from." She lowered her voice and turned to Ben. "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon, I have to be Queen of the Isle too, I can't turn my back on them. And. . . it's time that we take the barrier down - forever." she smiled at Ben.

"We can't do that." Beast said.

"It's up to us dad." Ben turned to the crowd, "I choose to be a king who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes! Whoooo!" Carlos shouted with joy, before everyone began to applaud. Mal turned to the crowd and waved her friends up. Drac ran over with Evie, Jay and Carlos as Fairy Godmother passed Mal her wand with a smile. When they were all flanking Mal by the rail they looked out to the Isle.

"To make the world a better place." Mal said.

"We have to do it face to face." they finished as a bolt shot from the wand and took down the barrier. A bridge of white stone appeared connecting the two lands as the crowd stepped out onto it. Mal handed Fairy Godmother back her wand and gave her a hug before she walked back to the balcony.

"It's time to bring it together. Time for a brand new start."

Drac rested his hand on her shoulder, part of him noting how he was slightly taller then her now compared to when they first got to Auradon. "We're gonna put it in mo-o-otion. Break down what keeps us apart."

"No more, no division, we down. New team, got the vision, unite."

He stretched an arm over Evie and Carlos. "So we stand, now we living marching. In the light, one two, one two like."