Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Alright boys, let's hit the road." Carlos said as he and Jay collected Squeaky and Squirmy.

"You have all your stuff?" Drac asked as he walked through with CJ.

"Yep." she replied popping the p.

"Yours? And no one else's?"

She rolled her eyes, "Relax little dragon, I'm not going to shame your good reputation over there." she joked as she rested a hand on his shoulder and kissed his cheek before getting in the limo. As she climbed in Diaval flew from her shoulder and Drac held out his arm letting the bird perch on his bent elbow. Mal and Ben entered last with Celia and as soon as the limo started up Dizzy was already in deep conversation with Evie.

"As soon as we get to Auradon, you have to try ice cream." Evie was telling her.

"And go swimming?"

"I can take you to the Enchanted Lake." they squealed in delight.

CJ crossed one leg over the other and drew her sword. With it she stabbed a twinkie from the table across from them and brought it to her lips, eating it right off the blade like when you roasted marshmallows. She looked at Drac with lifted brows and hummed in delight.

"See? Told ya." he said as he grabbed something sweet for himself and dug in. He pulled off his jacket revealing the two shirts he was wearing underneath. The first was long sleeved and indigo while the tee shirt over it was dark grey with three thick long lime lines running up and down the left side. He took his discarded jacket and made a little nest for Diaval to sit in on the seat beside him as the others fell into their own conversations.

"I don't believe I get to live with you in your very own castle!" Dizzy gushed and Evie waved a dismissive hand.

"It's just a little starter castle."

"Great grip. You play sports?" he heard Jay ask from the front and turned to see Squirmy holding onto Jay's arm for dear life, "Squirmy?"

CJ saw where he was looking, "He's more comfortable on a boat. I've trained them well." she turned to Squeaky who was sitting beside Carlos, "Ain't that right?"

She smiled and he grinned back at her. The bond between CJ and the twins was a strong one and Drac was happy they were all going to get to be in Auradon together.

The limo reached the edge of the Isle and Jay hit the button to open up the barrier. There was a new section of bridge long enough for the limo to rest on while the golden light weaved itself together in front of them and the opening in the barrier shut behind the vehicle. A group of other VK's were there waving at them as they drove off but their cheering turned into screaming within a split second.

Before Drac could turn around and see the reason for himself Evie shouted, "It's Hades!" and his heart fell into his stomach. He turned to see his dad had gotten a fist through the barrier before it could close. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but in his fist he was holding a blue ember - his talisman. He must have gone and retrieved it while Drac and the others had been in the Endless Catacombs.

"Stop the car. He's trying to escape!" Evie cried as Hades used his other hand to claw the small hole in the barrier open. By the time they all jumped out of the vehicle his father had wedged his head and shoulders through.

"I am a GOD!" he screamed as his hair ignited, "I don't belong here!"

Drac's heart broke at the pain in his dad's voice. Jay Carlos and Ben charged forward but Hades used his ember to blast each of them back making them land on the ground with the air knocked out of them. Evie ushered their five VK's inside the limo where they'd be safer as Hades turned his eyes to Drac.