Chapter 36

Chapter 36

-A Month Later -

Drac hustled to get dressed and nearly swallowed his breakfast whole as he got ready for the day. Today was without a doubt the most anticipated event in all of the Isle's history: VK Day. The first in a series of annual days where five villain kids would be chosen to attend Auradon Prep. Applications had been sent out across the Isle as soon as Mal and the others had finished finals week and there had been so many submissions that it took them a month to sort and choose who would be picked.

"Attention Isle of the Lost!" Drac heard echoing from every tv on the block, "VK Day is today! Mal and the other VK's will be announcing their choices of who gets to go to Auradon Prep!"

Drac zipped up his dark green leather jacket with a purple hood on the back, the shoulders and lower half of the arms had patches of indigo which matched his fingerless gloves. His dark green skinny jeans were splattered with black paint he noticed as he tugged on his black boots as he hopped to the door, pulled it open and stepped out onto Woeful Way - or rather, Drac's Circle now.

After Uma's defeat the Anti-Heroes club had surged in popularity, it had been Diego and Freddie who had initially started the petition to change the street names, which got so many signatures the change was done almost overnight. Drac's Circle housed not only Bargain Castle but also the Slop Shop and of course, Dragon Hall. Evie's Alley had the Curl Up and Dye while Jafar's pawn shop was on Jay's Way. Carlos' House sat between the two and was basically the exact opposite of everything Hell Hall was, providing shelter and board to the orphans of the Isle.

As he headed for Mal's Court to meet the others people waved and smiled at him. The Isle had changed – a lot - he noticed, people seemed. . . happy for a change, hopeful, and there was a certain joy in the air. All the big bad parents of the Isle had seemingly disappeared, many of them boarding up in their homes sulking about Auradon's rising popularity among their children, but they didn't stir up trouble or act out to stop any of it.

Drac heard a familiar laugh as he rounded the corner and saw his sister and their friends, he ran forward and leapt onto Carlos' back when he wasn't looking, making him scream and the others laugh. He jumped down and slapped hands with Jay and gave Evie a hug. Then his sister wrapped her arm over his shoulders and they headed further down her street.

"From the North to the South. From the East to the West. Lost boys, lost girls. You all know you're the best. Hit the streets, it's your day. Turn it up, now's your chance. It's time to get up on your feet and dance. Woo!"

The five of them broke apart and spread out across the Isle. Each had been assigned their own piece of the pie and Drac climbed up onto the roofs and hopped and vaulted his way around, waking up the VK's still snoozing. Being so high up made him feel like he was flying, and he loved every second of it. From up here he could even hear Mal and the others singing.

"Anybody wanna be like us? Everybody wanna be like us! Hey!" Mal's voice carried.

"All the boys from Auradon. And the girls 'cause they know what's up!"

"Your life could change today. Your life could change today."

"These streets named after us, because we paved the way. C'mon!"

"Everyone come and take your shot." Drac sang as he walked along the roof waving over other VK's sitting in windows or chilling on the fire escapes. "Now's the time, show 'em what you got. 'Cause everyone is gonna get their chance!" he leapt down from a roof onto a balcony and the boys there stomped their feet with him. "They said that being from the Isle was bad!"

"Well, it's good to be bad! And we're proof of that. Used to be lost, now we're on the map. Used to steal stacks, now we're giving back. Remember that? It's good to be BAD! If you got pride, raise your V's up high! Wave 'em wide, side to side. Feel the vibe! It's good to be bad!"