Chapter 11

AN: I didn't realize how many chapters had back to back music numbers in them until I went through to edit today. Rewriting would mean making you guys wait longer for a chapter and I don't really want to do that, so I hope you like the music scenes. (Again, sorry if there's a lot of them close together)

Chap 11

CJ hadn't been the only former friend who'd been worried for Drac. After his reappearance Diego DeVil, Freddie and Celia Facilier, and Ginny Gothel all greeted him back, relieved he was okay. They spent the next week seeing each other every day. They stole together - from only those who didn't accept Drac's offer - caused mischief, and snickered at lesser villains who strolled by. By the end of the seven days half of the people who had rejected Drac had turned to him looking for the thievery to stop. And it did, which left more time to steal from Uma's side of the Isle, which Drac reveled in. But it was Diego who gravitated to him the most - and at nightfall once they were alone, Drac found out why.

"Is Carlos okay?" he'd asked looking nervous.

Drac nodded and saw the worry vanish from Diego's features, before he ran a hand through his black and white mohawk and tried to look cool again.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Good for him I guess."

Drac smiled and chuckled, "He's got a pet dog too."

That brought the shock back to Diego's face "Get outta here."

Drac raised his hands palms up, "I swear D. He goes everywhere with the mutt. Even told his mom off when she found out."

That brought a bigger grin to DeVil's face. "Sweet. I'm glad he's finally sticking up for himself."

"He takes after his cousin." Drac replied playing to Diego's ego.

Then a reserved look entered his eyes and he had trouble looking at Drac. The young dragon lad watched his friend inquisitively but didn't say a word as Diego pondered his own thoughts.

"Listen." He began, "There's something you should know."

Drac paused waiting to hear bad news.

"That old teach from Dragon Hall, Yen Sid. He's been whispering with some of the students about starting a secret club."

"A club for what?" Drac asked not getting what the big deal was.

"A club that celebrates your sister and her gang." He clarified. Drac was shocked but nodded for Diego to continue, "He came to me, probably because of my relation to Carlos. There's a fair amount of VK's at the school who look up to those four."

"Why?"

"They think that if the baddest of the bad can turn good and have a nice life, that maybe they can too. Get off this rock one day and actually live how they want."

"Well I can't blame them for that." Drac muttered stuffing his hands in his pockets as they walked and Diego nodded in agreement.

"I wasn't sure how you'd take it. I'm not sure where you stand with your sister."

"To be honest, neither do I." he admitted, "But if a club wants to get together and celebrate them. . . well, better they like my sister then Uma."

"True." Diego nodded. "They're having a meeting at Evie's old place. I said I'd go. You want me to report back to you what I find?"

"Yeah, thanks Diego." He clapped him on the shoulder, shared a grin and they parted, heading down opposite sides of the street.

Drac walked through the Isle with confidence, regardless of night falling. His strut was back and people cowered when he walked by.