Chapter Eight~The Truth

Biana POV:

It had been three days since Tam had been banished to Exillium. Three days. It felt like an eternity. Dex had tried his best to calm me down, tried to reassure me that Tam would be back soon.

But he wouldn't be back.

And I knew it.

"He's not coming back, Sophie. He's really not coming back," I whispered to her over the imparter. I would call Sophie every day, just venting to her about how much I missed him. And she would just listen. But every time we hung up, I would get this sour feeling in my stomach.

I was dating Dex. I liked Dex. Dex was the one that I wanted.

Right?

Right. Yes. Right. I liked him. I did. Why wouldn't I? Tam had no romantic feelings for me anyways. He probably liked that annoying Glimmer girl. Ugh, she's so annoying, with her quick remarks and black cloak. And above all else I hated the way that she looked at Tam-Wait. No. I'm not jealous. I can be annoyed at people, and not be jealous.

Yeah. Totally. Totally......

"Biana? You alright over there?" Sophie asked.

"Yep, sorry," I snapped out of my trance.

"I know you miss Tam, Biana. We all do. Especially Linh. But Biana, you call and talk to me about him for hours every night. I know you want to believe he's just a good friend, and that you like Dex. But... I don't know if that's true," She paused, "Or course, I could be wrong. But I just-"

"Maybe you're right," I admitted, "But I just feel so bad for Dex. He was rejected by you, and then by me. That's just not right," I looked away, my cheeks turning red from shame.

"Yeah..." Sophie trailed off, clearly not knowing what to say, "Oh, I have to sign off for the night. Talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Sure," I responded half-heartedly.

Sophie nodded, "Sounds good."

The imparter turned off, and collapsed onto my bed, feeling angry, sad, and rude. How could I do this to Dex? How could I-

Suddenly I felt a light weight on my head. I shot up from my bed, and a piece of paper gently landed on my pillow softly.

"What the..." I trailed off, grabbing the crumpled up paper.

It was in Tam's handwriting.