Chapter Thirty-Eight~Experiment Two, Biana

Gisela shoved me off Tam, and quickly unstrapped him from the bed.

"This is going perfectly," She whispered, sealing the lid to the jar full of Tam's talent, "Vanisher? Your turn now."

My breath caught in my throat.

"Don't—" Tam began, suddenly there was a knife to my throat. I whimpered in fear.

"You say one more word, and she dies. The machine doesn't kill you, remember sweetheart?" She said. Tam clenched his hands into fists and his face grew red with anger. He got up from the bed on shaking legs, and collapsed to the floor.

"Tam..." I said softly, crawling onto the bed, tears spilling from my cheeks. I love you. He mouthed to me, tears spilling from the corners of his bloodshot eyes. I love you too. I mouthed back.

My body shook with tremors as Gisela strapped me to the chair. She hooked me up to a machine, and the started to thread the tube into my skin. I bit my lip as the needle poked into my flesh. She placed the tube into the glass jar, and then smiled.

She didn't say whenever your ready. She didn't say good luck. She didn't even warn me.

She just pushed the button.

And I wished I could die.

There isn't words for the pain I felt. No words could describe how dry my throat was from screaming, how wet my cheeks were from sobbing. I could barely breathe. It felt like a million daggers being forced into my chest and pulled all the way up to my neck. It felt like having a bullet wedged into your gut by hand. It felt like my life was being pulled by my body and turned into the sliver liquid seeping into the jar.

I wanted to die.

I wanted it to be over.

I closed my eyes.

And suddenly, I was gone.