Chapter Thirty-Two~Him Again

"Tam."

He didn't turn around, not for a long time. Long enough that I just assumed he would just walk away. The rain was starting to pick up again, and my hair was a wild curly mess. I almost wanted to stay invisible so he wouldn't see my mascara and messy hair. But he wouldn't care.

Would he?

"You look beautiful," He finally said.

"You haven't even looked at me yet," I said.

"I know. But there's never been a time when you're not beautiful, Biana."

Normally, I would have blushed, would have smiled, normally I would have wanted to kiss him. But now all I wanted to do was punch him in his handsome face.

"You trying to flatter me or something? Trying to make me forget about what you did?"

"You followed me here. Why? So you could get mad at me again?" He said softly. And for a second, that took me a back. Why did I follow him, when I was only going to get mad?

I told myself I wanted an explanation, that I felt bad for what I did too him, but now here I am, doing it all over again. He doesn't deserve this.

He doesn't deserve me.

"I... Just... Explain," I finally said, "And why won't you look at me? You hate me now or something?" I didn't mean for that to sound snarky, but too late.

"Because..." He whispered, "If I look at you again, I won't be able to stop myself."

"From what?" I asked.

"From-"

He was interrupted by the loud beep of a car horn, and Tam stopped talking altogether.

"What?" I asked, "From what?"

"Nothing, Biana. Nothing."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but didn't say anything, "Then explain."

He sighed, and nodded. He started to explain the whole situation to me, starting from getting to the school, to where we are now. I was shocked, as I could still feel my eyes well up with tears as he talked about me.

He was right.

Everything he did, he did for me.

I told him about Sophie. He didn't get mad. Didn't get angry. Didn't blame me. Didn't blame me like I blamed myself.

He just finally turned around, his eyes shining with that bright spark, gleaming more in the light of the street lights and the pouring rain.

He took my hands. Slowly, softly, gently. He brushed a stray strand of wet hair behind my ear. I glazed up into his eyes, slowly, softly, gently, leaning in. Closer. Closer.

Until it was too close.

And all of a sudden I wasn't ready.

All of sudden..

I was scared.

So I shoved him back, and ran. Just like I always do.