Chapter Thirty-Nine~Experiment Three, Keefe

I awoke to Tam's tears on my cheeks, and his face over mine. I tried to tell him I was alright, but my voice no longer existed. And then I realized that I was not alright. My body hurt all over, I felt like I had daggers sticking out of every square inch of me.

"Bring in Sophie and Keefe," Gisela told the guards. I could barely comprehend a single thought. Sophie and Keefe? No. They—They—They could die... I could have died.

I wanted to die.

Now I want to live.

And I wanted to kill Gisela while I was at it.

She deserved to die. She took our talents. She almost killed us. And she didn't. Even. Care.

Tam pressed his hands to my face and wiped away tears I didn't know I was shedding. He gently took me in his arms and sat me on the marble floors against the counters. We both didn't say a word, just waited for Sophie and Keefe to arrive. Sophie and Keefe.

All to quickly, the guards brought in the two of them by their wrists. They looked horrified as they stared into the jar holding the liquid that was our talents. Black and sliver. The colors of a shade and a vanisher. The colors of our soul.

"Keefe? Get on the bed. Or Sophie dies." Keefe laid down on the bed without another word.

"KEEFE!" Sophie shouted, clinging onto him, "Please—"

"Enough!" Gisela snapped, shoving Sophie off of him and hooking him up to the machine. The threaded the tube, quickly and quietly.

"What are you doing to him?!" Sophie demanded, holding back tears. I buried my face into Tam's chest, too horrified to watch. He held onto me like I was his lifeline. I was his everything. And he was my universe

"Oh, that's right. I forgot you weren't here for the little realization Biana and Tam had before. Well, to put it simply, I'm going to... Extract your talents, and give them to one of my subjects."

"Extract our talents?!" Keefe cried, "You're PSYCHOTIC!"

Gisela laughed, "Funny it took you so long to realize." 

"And your subject? Who's your subject?" Sophie choked, hugging her stomach to steady herself.

"No one speacil. Well, not yet at least. Just a simple human," She smiled.

I turned back around to look at Keefe and Sophie. And I saw it. The moment of realization on their faces. They get it now. They know what's about to happen to them. What happened to us.

"But—" Sophie started.

"Quiet. I've had enough of this. It won't kill Keefe," She paused, "As much as I wish it would," She muttered, "But if you try anything. And I mean, anything at all, I hope you know I have full control of this machine. Full control. And I don't think you want to add his blood to the floor," Gisela threatened.

I wanted to throw up.

"Enough of that. Now, it's time to start Experiment Three, Keefe," She whispered, smiling to herself. Then she pushed the button.

And Keefe started to scream.