Chapter Twenty-Six~Rain

I immediately shoved him backwards, tears still fresh in my eyes.

He looked at me in shock. And then his glanced down to where I was looking.

That ugly white eye. 

"Biana-look-it's not what it looks like I swear-" He said quickly.

I cut him off "Not what it looks like?" I shoved some of my wet hair out of my face, "I think it's exactly what it looks like."

"No-no-why would..? Why would you even say that? You really think I would join the Neverseen, Biana? You really think that?"

"WELL I DON'T KNOW!" My voice started to rise now, even though I could still barely hear myself over the pounding rain and thunder, "I HARDLY KNOW YOU AT ALL TAM!"

"WELL MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO KNOW ME!" He yelled. I clenched my teeth together tightly and ripped the black cloak off his shoulders.

I stared at it for a long time, my salty tears mixing with the rain, "How could you do this to me..." I whispered, "After all we've been through."

Tam clenched his fists, "You're not even letting me explain!"

"YOU DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING! THERE'S NOTHING TO EXPLAIN! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, TAM?! HOW?!"

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO FULL OF YOURSELF?! I RISKED THE LIVES OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE, AND YOU COULD CARE LESS!"

"I COULD CARE LESS? REALLY, TAM! I COULD CARE LESS? HOW ABOUT YOU CHECK WHO'S SIDE YOUR ON?"

I saw anger flash through his eyes, and then, then maybe I was wrong, maybe I didn't see it right. But a single tear leaking from his cheek, hidden by the pouring rain.

But I wasn't done being angry. He could cry all he wanted for all I care. All this time I thought Tam was in trouble from the Neverseen. Little did I know he was the Neverseen.

I threw the Neverseen cloak back at him, "You can keep your little costume," I spat, "But you can't keep me."

And with that I turned and walked away.