Chapter 2 - Comfortable and happy

You were on your home's couch when you heard the front door open.

You immediately climbed down and run to the door. Your guardian sluggishly walked in with a sigh.

"Oh, hey there, little one." After seeing you come over to them, they lifted you up from under your armpits and laid you on them.

With an arm underneath your thighs and one holding you against their torso, they walked in.

"Are you tired?" You asked with big eyes pointed on the adult's face.

"Long day, dear. But we're working on the right solutions." They calmly smiled and sat on the couch. You on their legs.

The aquarium had been incredibly busy ever since your visit. They had to position all new entries in appropriate areas and communicate with a number of merfolks.

After all, it was quite a big community that had lost their home and the TW Octavinelle Aquarium could only welcome a certain fraction of it.

They had mainly given shelter to the children and more delicate individuals, but that meant compromises with the families.

The small ones were especially shaken by the sudden change of environment, and the distance from their families certainly didn't help.

So, an itinerary was created, to let the parents and/or possible guardians visit.

Of course, many weren't really keen to the idea of leaving such young children there. But having them tag along while trying to clear out all the destruction that had befallen on their homes, certainly wasn't any better.

Your guardian had tried to explain it in simple enough terms for a young child like you to understand.

"In the end, we're trying to raise a sum of money to help out with the reconstruction of the mer-town that ended up destroyed." They calmly explained to you.

"And those three you met are kind of under the weather as well. Floyd and Jade are holding up fine enough, but since Azul doesn't really get along with the other kids he's really suffering for it." They sighed and looked at your worried face, hugging you and jumping their leg to fix your position.

"Their parents decided it would be better for them to have a good education here, while they work on their new homes."

"They're, of course, allowed to visit whenever. And these three can ask to do the same. They see each other almost everyday." They smiled patiently and added.

You nodded, understanding. You were glad to know that they still had their parents. And that they wouldn't be alone once they went back to the sea.

"They seemed to like you." You felt a thumb stroking your little hand, before it was picked up.

"What do you say about giving them a surprise visit? I think they'd be happy to see you." You looked up with stars in your eyes.

"Ahahah, and you as well." They laughed and playfully ruffled up your hair.

"Alright then, once things calm down a little, we'll go see your little friends from the sea. Let's say... next week?" You nodded with the brightest of smiles and snuggled in your guardian's chest.

They chuckled softly and squeezed you in a hug.

Then, they started lightly tickling your already giggling form. Smiling all the same.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

And just like promised. You found yourself walking once again toward that big building full of the sea's wonders.