Chapter 7 - Arts and Crafts

"I'm not sure how to feel about this." Your guardian said as they drove their car toward the aquarium.

"Well, at least they like me." You smiled innocently while holding your bag on your lap.

"You don't know how much." The other answered like they had given up, using an ironic tone.

After last time, the kids kept asking the teacher about that nice human kid that had visited them.

Floyd, being the loud mouth he is, kept on bragging about you being his, his brother and Azul's friend. As if wanting to prove that no matter which other mers tried to get close to you, he and the other two would always be your favorites.

That brought the class into an uproar, between tantrums and tears, and now we're here.

Since your school was going to stay closed for a week, because they needed to take care of the electricity problem, the young teacher from the Octavinelle Aquarium asked you the favor of coming during the small mers' classes and help her out.

With the excuse of the short-haired woman's hand being still injured, your school being closed and your ability of using puppy dog's eyes on your guardian... you obtained, once again, the title of temporary "teacher's assistant".

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"Thank you so much for coming here, dear. I'm afraid I can't really hold today's lesson without an helping hand." The woman with glasses said gratefully.

You were both walking in the aquarium's hallway, the lady had begrudgingly asked you to bring a heavy box in her place.

"Oh? Is today's subject difficult?" You asked, lifting slightly the package in your hands.

"More than being difficult, I'm unable because of the condition my hand is in." She explained with a forced smile.

"You'll see in a moment." She added when seeing you about to speak up once again. "I'm sure you'll like it."

"Guess I'll share this surprise with the children then." You balanced the box in one arm, making it lean on your chest, and used your, now free, hand to open the door.

The young woman panicked, saying that she can at least open the door for you both. You laughed it off and entered the classroom with the honey blonde teacher following suit.

"Good moring kids. Today as well, we have a little guest-" Before she could even put her bag on her desk the kids started to make noise.

You silently waved with a calm smile and made a motion from up, downward with your hand, to tell them to lower their volume.

Some calmed down a bit and most lowered their voices. Apart from a certain hyperactive eel, who was really excited to see you.

"Calm down, Floyd." You mouthed.

You were grateful to see Jade silently grabbing his shoulders and pulling him back a little. Seeing that he hadn't shut up yet, Azul pushed him down with his tentacles, leaving only the feisty twin's head above the water.

The latter's response was to submerge a little more, the water reaching above his nose, and blowing bubbles from his mouth.

You gave an apologetic nod to the lady who smiled and swatted her not-injured hand dismissingly. She then turned toward the white board and picked up a marker.

"Would you mind writing today's activity on the board?" She passed it to you.

"Sure. It being?"

"Arts and Crafts." At her answer you stopped a moment before grinning and getting the cap off the marker, writing it on the white surface.