Chapter 58 - Stampede

Same deal as the note in the last chapter!
Do leave any questions, requests or simple curiosities for the upcoming after-arc Q&A!
Happy reading and stay safe. ^^~☆

Wonderful holidays to you all!♡

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"Myaaah! Get a load of all the food stands!" Grim exclaimed with sparkly eyes as he wiggled excitedly in Yuu's hold.

"They got churros and funnel cakes, and... Ooh, is that jerky?" His head moved side-to-side every time he'd caught a wiff of some new food, his little nose and ears twitching relentlessly.

"Man, I can't believe I didn't make it into the team after all that." Ace didn't give the small monster the time of day as he dragged his feets and sighed dejectedly.

"Me neither..." Deuce nodded with a sad and somber expression, agreeing with his dorm mate.

"There's still next year, I'm sure your magic will be better by then..." The dark blonde reassured softly, holding Grim firmly as the latter insisted on not staying still.

"That's true, and c'mon you two... the outcome of the tournament is in our care. You should be proud of that." You rubbed the Heartslabyul's freshmen's shoulders and hyped them up with a supporting smile.

"Yeah, you're right. We have an important job to do. We should focus on that." The blue haired first year nodded, bringing a clenched fist up.

"Yep, good point. Focused. That's us." The ginger student also grinned, now looking a bit more determined as he rested one of his hand on his hip.

"Whoa, what's a corn dog?! I wanna try one! Come to papa, whatever you are!" The one who made everything much less believable was the foodie monster making grabby-"paws" toward a stall selling corn dogs.

"Eat later! We need to go!" Ace huffed, sticking his lower lip out and frowning as he bonked Grim on the head, making the latter whine childishly.

... Parallel to your group entering the side street filled with kiosks, some students were plotting together, on a sand covered plain...

"The players should be reachin' the stadium soon." Leona pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Everything's set. We're ready to go whenever." Ruggie nodded, looking ready as he smiled determinedly, the other juniors and sophomores around them.

"Last year's champion will be up first- that's Diasomnia. Hah! My heart's pumping now." The dark haired housewarden couldn't help but grin as his green eyes glinted in twisted excitement.

"Shyeheehee~! Then let's get going!" The half hyena let out a hissed laugh and quickly rubbed his palms together to show his eagerness.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

You and the freshmen were going over the steps of your plans once more when a booming voice came out of the large speakers situated by the street that had gradually gotten more and more crowded.

"Ahem... Welcome, one and all, to the Night Raven College interdorm Spelldrive tournament!"

"Thank you for your patience. The players will be entering the stadium momentarily!"

At the announcement, loud cheers full of enthusiasm filled the air, marking the start of the point of no return.

"First up will be last year's champion. But can lightning really strike thrice?"

Following those words the Spelldrive team members wearing neon green and black uniforms showed up, making many eyes turn toward them.