Chapter 43 - Closing party

It was Saturday evening, same day as your very first lecture.

You were currently sitting on the dorm lounge's couch as Grim slept soundly by you, enjoying your soothing pets on his head.

Yuu was training in their room upstairs, since they wished to make up for lost time, as they said.

The dual skinned blonde was actually a gymnast on competitive levels back home and is used to do work out and stretches routine on a daily. They've just been very thrown off by arriving in Twisted Wonderland and have ended up neglecting them for a while.

Meanwhile, you were... lost in your own thoughts.

When discussing about your job here with the headmage, a few days aback, you had actually asked him to let you use the Dark Mirror to travel back to your home on Sundays.

You loved your job at the aquarium and couldn't simply drop it as if nothing, wanting to at least help out as much as possible on a day where it was closed to the public.

Of course, it was also for your guardian, but that was exactly why you were currently in this pondering state.

You had made this arrangement with Crowley so to work at the aquarium and NOT worry your guardian...

Yet here you were, trying to think of a way to break the news to them tomorrow about the overblot case you had personally faced during the first ever week on your new job... Sigh.

You sighed deeply and leaned back against the couch, staring at the ceiling. You were about to close your eyes and simply give up on that, telling yourself it would be an "on the spot" kind of thing, when you suddenly felt your phone buzzing from an incoming call.

You picked it up from beside you and- "Rielle?" You softly murmured to yourself.

You saw the name on the screen, also noticing it was actually a video call. You quickly stood up from the couch and moved to the kitchen, so to not bother the sleeping creature, before dragging the pick up button.

"Hello there, Rielle." You smiled at the red haired merboy, who instantly lit up.

"Supervisor! I hope it isn't too late, I really wanted to chat with you." He was pretty much bouncing in excitement. Behind him you could see what seemed to be his dorm room.

"I just had dinner and I'm in the lounge, not to worry." You smiled slightly and softly sighed, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Lounge?"

Oh, wait. He-... he doesn't know you're currently at Night Raven College.

"Oh, well... A lot happened since our meeting, last week. It might be a bit of a shocker but... would you like to be filled in?" You said with a bit of a troubled smile, the boy tilting his head with a perplexed look.

...

"So you've been at NRC for a week now?!"

Yeah, that's about what you expected.

"I can't believe you actually got summoned as a teacher! Aww... now I really wished you were here at RSA." The redhead boy slumped his shoulders sadly.

"Sorry, dear. It was a surprise to me too, but it doesn't mean we won't still be hearing from each other." You reassured softly and the merboy nodded.

"I have to say, I'm surprised you're not staying with Azul and the twins, but..." The young mer pondered for a moment before looking back up and smiling warmly.

"You've always had an heart of gold, so I suppose that with that human's situation it couldn't have been otherwise." He said, chuckling with creased eyes.