Chapter 44 - Just a sandwich

You suddenly woke up in the early morning at the sound of strong wind.

"I can hear the wind..."

Or at least you thought so, until you went to check the dorm's windows.

They were formely in quite the bad shape, but as per your request and need, Crowley had made some basic renovations of things like doors, lights and windows.

You assumed that maybe one of the aforementioned had gotten loose on the new hinges... but they were all in perfect condition and there wasn't much wind to begin with.

"Did I hear wrong?" You murmured to yourself, holding your aching temples.

Just then you heard what seemed to be a roar...? It was very far away and muffled.

You felt your ears ringing, which caused you to sway slightly. But it went away in an instant, as if just a dream.

You sighed and shook your head in an attempt to shake off those weird sensations, all while slowly walking upstairs, toward Yuu and Grim's room.

You knocked on the door before opening it slowly, just in time to see a sleepy Yuu shaking a mumbling monster awake.

"That's right! Cower before me, teapot tyrant! BWUH-MYAH?!" The latter finally jolted awake from what seemed to be a dream about a certain redhead.

"...Huh? Where am I?" He fumbled with confusion as you chuckled and walked in, greeting the dark blonde.

"Good morning, you two." Yuu responded with a slight smile and a nod, while the small beast finally came back to full consciousness and immediately threw a grumpy fuss.

"Aw, man! I was dreaming that I was trouncing Riddle with my magic. You shoulda seen his face..." He complained with a sulk.

"Maybe that roar I heard in my dream was just you growling..." The dual skinned prefect pondered quietly before shaking their head and tapping Grim's.

"We have to get ready. You'll become stronger only if you know the basics first." They said and promptly got out of bed while stretching.

"All right, lemme just fix my bedhead. Then it's off to class! I've got magic to master!" They fiery creature energetically leaped out his spot on the pillow and ran out of the room. You and the blonde exchanged a look at his statement on his "bedhead".

"Let's just ignore that." Yuu sighed and shook their head, loosening their ponytail, which they only kept when sleeping.

"I'll wait for you downstairs, then we can head to class." You nodded with a casual smile before closing the door to let them get ready.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

It was lunchtime, which you had gotten the habit to pass with the trio. Today specifically, you were eating at their lounge, instead of the cafeteria.

"Ugh. Professor Trein must have cast a sleepin' spell on me."

Meanwhile, the group of freshmen was currently walking toward the cafeteria, accompanied by the sound of Grim's yawning.

"I fought to stay awake, but he was sooo boring!" The small monster exaggerated dramatically as he frowned and threw his stubby arms in the air.

"Yeah, "fought," sure. I heard you snoring five minutes in." Deuce frowned and crossed his arms disapprovingly.

"Not like it lasted nothin', since Yuu kept pokin' me with their pencil." The fiery beast scoffed childishly and looked to the side in discontentment.

"Sorry for disturbing your sleep, then. Next time I'll let the professor come wake you." They stated flatly and the creature immediately looked regretful as his tail straightened up.