Chapter 61 - Teaming up

"I did it! They're awake!" You felt a small paw patting your cheek repeatedly as your eyes slowly fluttered open.

"I was startin' to think ya weren't ever gonna regain consciousness!" Grim huffed casually, stepping a bit back.

Seeing you awake, the fiery creature that once stood right in front of your face turned toward the dumbfounded housewarden laying near you.

"You really gotta stop doing that." Ace sighed in frustration, talking to you and the magicless human holding the ghost camera.

The gray monster had gone to hover over the half lion's face, frowning impatiently. "You! Hurry up and confess!" He rushed tactlessly.

Yuu seemed to have regained their consciousness barely moments before you as they sighed and wearily reached out to pick up their feral friend, lifting him a bit from the sandy soil to pull him away from Leona.

"Wh... What?" As expected, aforementioned beastman was highly confused as he pushed himself into a sitting position with no little effort.

You felt a gloved hand resting on your shoulder and your eyes immediately went up. "Mr. Kingscholar." Crowley, who had apparently arrived as you were unconscious, was now crouching down by you as his glowing eyes stayed on the dorm leader in question.

"Your negative energies accelerated your blot accumulation, inducing an overblot episode. Do let me..." The masked man explained in a somehow stern tone before he whispered quietly as he carefully helped you up.

"Do you not remember anything, Leona?" You gently asked the young man, whose eyes had widened in disbelief.

"Wait, ME...? I overblotted? No way..." He breathed out incredulously, holding his temple.

"But more importantly, the Spelldrive tournament is about to begin!" Grim exclaimed in a haste, puffing his chest to square up with the junior.

"I'm gonna need ya to confess that yer the culprit, so I'm allowed to enter!" The magical creature pointed his paw's little bean in accusation.

"Hah. If this is a joke, I ain't laughin'." Leona raised his brows and narrowed his eyes, tired and clearly not amused.

"The headmage got Grim's group to investigate the accidents in exchange for letting them compete in the tournament." Jack explained as he crossed his arms over his large chest, looking down at his housewarden while the latter pulled himself up.

"What?! THAT'S what this has all been about?" Ruggie exclaimed loudly and you gave him an ironic smile.

"I don't really think you have any right to judge..." You sighed softly and felt a small surge of magic wash over you, then noticing your clothes were now cleaned up and neat.

"Thank you." You quietly said to the headmage beside you, who smiled happily and proudly stood up taller.

"You bet it has! And yeah, EXCUSE you?! You were the one pushin' people down stairs for the chance of a little fame and glory!" The fiery beast angrily pointed out, glaring at the half hyena.

"Urk... W-well... Fair point, I suppose." The latter begrudgingly gave in and pressed his lips together.

"Our esteemed professor had warned me, previously, and this only serves as definitive proof. Were you responsible for the series of injuries sustained by competing players?" The headmaster turned toward the young prince and inquired in a serious tone.

Leona silently glanced your way before breathing out deeply and nodding. "...Yeah. That was me." He admitted while holding the back of his neck.

"Very well. Then to begin with, Savanaclaw House will be disqualified from this year's tournament." Crowley announced strictly.