Chapter 52 - Nocturnal encounter

"Housewarden Leona!"

"These students are trespassing on our territory!" Two of the muscular students that had approached your group spoke up after Leona made his appearance.

"Let's teach 'em a little lesson! Heh heh heh." The amused looking of the three added with a cackle.

"Heya, Yuu. And the others as well, I believe we met earlier, at the cafeteria." Ruggie smiled casually, lazily bringing his arms behind his head.

The dark blonde human quietly and unsurely nodded their head in response to their course mate's greeting.

"Hey! It's the Grilled Cheeseburglar!" Grim angrily accused, keeping, somehow, a completely straight face while referring to the smaller beastman.

"Hey now, friend. Let's not get carried away with such delicious-sounding nicknames." The half hyena was completely unbothered as he swatted his hand dismissingly.

"I have a proper name befitting my manly stature. It's Ruggie Bucchi. Don't wear it out." The sophomore then said, resting his palm on his hip.

"Hey... I know you." The tall lion beastman suddenly narrowed his bright green eyes as they landed on the pair of Ramshackle students.

"You're the herbivores who stepped on my tail at the botanical gardens." The junior growled, causing the magicless human to shrink into themselves, cursing their misfortune.

"You... You stepped on the housewarden's tail?" The dark haired Savanaclaw student widened his eyes, looking way too offended.

"Now you're really gonna pay!" The latter's redhead dorm mate bared his teeth with a glare.

"As I said at the time, it wasn't intentional..." The dual skinned prefect mumbled, looking very uneasy as they shifted back, uncomfortable.

"That's nothing! Still not good enough!" One of the rough looking students scoffed harshly.

"Oh, that's right. I thought I'd seen you somewhere, before our first shared lesson on Saturday. So it was at the gardens with Teach', huh?" The dirty blonde beastman pointed out, looking mildly amused.

"C'mon, Leona, Ruggie- let's beat 'em up!" The redhead delinquent slammed his fist into his palm, threateningly stepping closer.

Everyone stiffened and Yuu squeezed Grim in their hold as Deuce held a protective arm in front of them.

"Stop yappin' like a pack of wild dogs."

Thankfully, the three students stopped their advancing at the sound of their housewarden's bored and deep voice.

"You really wanna risk starting a fight. before the tournament? What if you get disqualified?" Leona raised a brow, lazily bringing his hand to his hips as he gave a look at his dorm mates.

"What, so you're just gonna let 'em walk away? Not even nibble on 'em a little?!" The louder of the aforementioned trio protested.

At those words, the half lion's expression shifted to cruel amusement. "No one's lettin' anyone walk away. We're gonna resolve this with a "friendly"..."

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"... Spelldrive match." Yuu sighed deeply as they explained to you what had happened after you had left.

Back at the dorm, you and the young fellow were sharing some tea as you sat on the lounge's couch. An exhausted Grim was snoring away on the dark blonde's lap.

You got to know that the Adeuce duo, Cater and Grim ended up playing against Leona and his team. Since Yuu didn't have magic, they let them sit to the side and simply yell out indications during the game.