Chapter 56 - Here's the plan

"Myah?!"

"Like you said, someone would have noticed if he was near the targets and also mimicking their actions..." Jack nodded with a quiet sigh.

"I believe he escaped notice by surrounding himself with a wall of his dormmates." He then said solemnly, arms folded over his broad chest.

"The whole dorm was in on it? But why?" Deuce assumed a disgruntled frown, just to be nudged by his ginger dorm mate.

"Well, duh. How well they do at the Spelldrive tournament could make or break their careers." Ace said matter-of-factly, as if it was an obvious answer.

"If that's their motive, well, it isn't hard to understand where they're comin' from." The latter also added casually, lazily resting a palm on his hip.

"..."

"Grrrrr..."

"Dudes, no need to glare or bare your fangs at me! I'm just connectin' the dots!" But the red eyed freshman soon flinched back and put his hands up in a defensive manner, looking at the dark blonde's icy glare and the beastman's sharp teeth sent his way.

"Hmph. If they're not willing to show what they're capable of now, what does the future even matter?" The gray haired wolf's eyes remained sharp as he scoffed, then clenching his fist.

"I'm most disappointed with our housewarden, Leona Kingscholar." He then hissed through his teeth in frustration.

"He has incredible talent, but refuses to even use it!" The Savanaclaw boy's voice became more booming and passionate.

"Yeah, for as lazy as that guy is... He seemed insanely strong." Grim agreed after a short moment of pondering.

"Right?! Why would you possess such power and not even hone it? I despise guys like him!" The half wolf immediately fired up at the small monster's imput.

"The way he played when I saw him three years. ago... It blew my mind." Jack let out a deep breath of awe as his shoulders relaxed slightly.

"That was the reason I came to this school." He said to no one in particular, more to himself than anyone else.

"I thought if I joined Savanaclaw, he and I would be tearing up the Spelldrive field together." Concluding with a whisper full of past hope, threading his fingers through his messy hair.

"Yo, Yuu." Ace leaned over to the magicless prefect, speaking quietly while slightly cupping his hand by his mouth.

"He's pretty harsh when he talks about his own housewarden, but I'm starting to think..." The two first years exchanged knowing eyes.

"He actually really admires him." The dual skinned prefect concluded the other boy's sentence with a slight nod.

"All these 'accidents' are just an incidental part of the plan. They're hunting a bigger prey here." Jack revealed seriously, his eyes darkening.

"Bigger prey?"

At Deuce's perplexed expression, the Savanaclaw freshman began explaining about the main goal of this twisted plan his dorm was enacting: eliminating Malleus Draconia from the tournament.

Malleus, Diasomnia's housewarden, has been the reason of his team's defeat during the last two consecutive years.

The latter seems to posses monstrous strength, so much that he had scored most, if not all, of the points during the past games, not letting the other teams get even one through.

For a dorm which was known for winning and hosting very strong players... having those moments displayed to the world was utterly humiliating, and had caused the older students to harbor deep feelings of rancor.