Chapter 35 - Cat's out of the bag

"If you will not obey me, then I will have all of your heads!" Riddle exclaimed sternly, glaring at Ace and Deuce, who had previously defied his words.

"Okay, let's all say, Yes, Housewarden Riddle." Cater quickly tried to make the three step down, gesturing to the other students as well.

"...I can't." The blue haired freshman said after a short pause, crossing his arms and wearing an imperturbable expression on his face.

"You can't just go headfirst like that...!" Yuu mumbled quietly in strained frustration. Riddle was clearly enraged at the moment, this wasn't going to work.

"I don't bow to self-important tyrants!" The collared ginger spat out in a snarky tone as he put his hands on his hips.

"What did you just call me?" The fuming housewarden angrily narrowed his eyes, as if challenging to repeat those words.

"He called you a tyrant for wantin' to destroy good food just 'cause you're throwin' a tantrum!" The fiery beast retorted with a scowl and you saw the magicless prefect snap their widened eyes on him with an incredulous and disapproving glare.

"Guys, I don't think we need to escalate this-" Deuce widened his eyes at the sudden turn of words and stuttered a warning, although he didn't get to finish it.

"Off! With! Your! Heads!"

"Bwaaaaaah!" Riddle ruthlessly and loudly spoke his spell with a completely wrathful look. In the blink of an eye, Grim and Deuce were now also wearing the magic-canceling collars, which had appeared on their necks accompanied by two loud clangs.

"No! Not the collar again!" The fiery monster exclaimed with a distraught expression.

"Gah! I can't get it off!" The blue haired freshman grimaced as he desperately grasped at the collar, trying to somehow pull it off him.

"Trey! Cater! Eject them from the premises!" The redhead housewarden ordered with a infuriated tone, his eyes wide and his pupils as small as pins.

"...Yes sir, Housewarden." The two juniors spoke quietly as they agreed to the request and stepped toward the collared trio.

"Y-you're supposed to be our 'mentors'!" The boy with the spade stepped back as he looked at the two upperclassmen with shock and betrayal. You sighed softly and took a step forward to stop any possible clashing in case it happened.

"Sorry, but we can't disobey our housewarden!" Cater gave a wry smile as he sweatdropped, still approaching them.

"Sorry, man." Trey whispered begrudgingly with a neutral expression.

"Oh, that's how it's gonna be? Then bring it on!" Ace, who still refused to back down after all of that, clenched his fist and raised it, challenging them in a fight. You had enough of that.

"Trappola!" For the first time since they have known you, you actually raised your voice and spoke in a stern tone, taking the others, but mainly the troublemaker ginger by surprise and making him freeze on the spot then look at you.

"Stop with this fracas, at once. After your disrespectful acts you shall not be putting up a fight." You said firmly with an unwavering stare and Ace frowned in frustration before clicking his tongue and begrudgingly lowering his fist in sign of compliance. Riddle looked at you in surprise.

You let out a deep breath with furrowed brows and Deuce apologetically bowed his head. "We're sorry for making a scene, professor." He mumbled with shame written all over his expression and you sighed, your gaze softening slightly.

Riddle couldn't believe how those two would just listen to you without complaints, it actually irked him to some extent, since he didn't get the same kind of respect.